Question PC Freezes randomly forever resulting in me needing to force shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2021
My pc will randomly freeze whether I'm playing a heavy intense game that uses a lot of CPU % or just opening chrome and windows explorer. With using task manager I've have figured out that the freezing happens when the CPU gets to 98%. But sometimes the computer will freeze when opening chrome. (which surely wouldn't use 98%). Whenever the computer does freeze it DOES NOT unfreeze forcing me to force shutdown the computer. I'm wondering if this could be a thermal probably with the thermal paste and the fan spins REALLY loudly even when booting up. I'm going to get a liquid AIO for Christmas as I'm wanting better thermals but am worried that it might not fix the problem. Could it be the CPU itself? I've only had this pc for just under a year now making me feel like its not the CPU due to them normally having a lifespan of 3+ years. Something that ALWAYS makes my computer freeze is trying to create a world for Minecraft. Every time I'm loading into the world the computer will freeze. However this was not the case about a month ago, with me being able to create worlds and have no freeze problems at all. If anyone knows fixes or the issue please let me know!

Ryzen 5 3400G
Stock CPU Cooler
Asus Prime B450M-A
MSI GTX 1660 Super
16gb G.Skill Ram

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
CPU should last 10 years or more, same as any component in a PC.

it does sound like something has developed a fault though.

I would test everything one by one and see if you can find the issue. The good thing is that your computer boots so you should be able to find the issue without too much difficulty.

check RAM first. Run a full test on memtest 86.

Dec 6, 2021
CPU should last 10 years or more, same as any component in a PC.

it does sound like something has developed a fault though.

I would test everything one by one and see if you can find the issue. The good thing is that your computer boots so you should be able to find the issue without too much difficulty.

check RAM first. Run a full test on memtest 86.
I'm not to sure how to add photos using this but I ran the test 2 out of the 4 times available and everything was okay. There was no errors and when I ended the test it said "passed" or something along those lines. After that I ran the RAM benchmark that was available and the graph had a extreme negative slope. It starts off between 13500 to 15000 for the first 8 steps than decreased down to 1500 to 3000 at 64 step size then stayed around that for the rest of the graph. I don't know if this is a bad thing or not but I'm assuming it is due to the red box on the right hand side. Would that not be green if it was good?

Status
Not open for further replies.