Question PC Freezing 5-10 min after gaming. Won't boot for 5 minutes

Sep 29, 2022
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x
MB: Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus Wifi
GPU: Geforce RTX 2080 SUPER
RAM: G.SKILL NT Series 8GB DDR4 2133 (x2)
PSU: EVGA - 750W GQ

As the titles says my pc will freeze around 5 minutes from when I start gaming. This is not every game but it seems to be on games that would be more demanding to the pc. An example currently is if I a am on madden 20 then the game will run perfectly forever with no problems but with madden 23 this problem will occur. Another one is if I run shaders/texture packs on minecraft it will crash while the base game runs forever. Temps when the pc is freezing CPU: 50-54C GPU: 68-70C. It seems like a overheating issue since it wont turn on for a few minutes after freezing and me needing to turn it off from the power button. I recently replaced the PSU and the CPU fan to see if that was the problem but that was not the case. http://speccy.piriform.com/results/YvyIvKK1wd8Iyh1Ou7ZcGJM

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: EVGA - 750W GQ
How old is the PSU in your build? Try and source a reliably built donor PSU with at least 750W of power at the entire system's disposal and see if the issue persists.
Brand new. It seems to be the gpu somehow. Gpu overheats at 70-73C somehow. I had the fans turned up a lot more now and these crashes never happen when they have happened for months on end. When gaming it is around 60-65C which is enough to be stable. Is my gpu damaged for it to be overheating at only 70C?

Lutfij

Titan
It can't be damaged...unless you'd used it for mining.

Make and model of your chassis?

Gpu overheats at 70-73C somehow
That's not overheating.

Try using DDU, uninstall all GPU drivers, manually reinstall your GPU driver with the latest from Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.