Discussion Pc gaming is kinda bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickle2x2

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
So I built a pc rig to enjoy a next gen gaming experience back in late December. R5 3600, rtx 3060ti and I can’t say I’d recommend pc gaming. Coming from a lifetime of console.. Console is easy and straight forward, not many issues persist with it. On the other hand on pc I’ve had non stop issues and wish I would of just waited out for a ps5 to be available.
I have just about everything up to date on my pc drivers, windows updates, ect.. yet still in cod Cold War I have crashing issues.. in cod warzone I have stuttering to the point the game is annoying to play, apex I have non stop stuttering also. I’ve tried so many suggestions to fix this but none seem to work. It’s very frustrating and making this whole pc master race experience very poor. I’m about to ditch the whole idea in general and go back to my PS4 until I can get my hands on a ps5
In hindsight I would not recommend pc gaming unless you enjoy hours of trouble shooting to get a game to possibly work and not to mention work with a enjoyable experience. I really wish this wasn’t the case with how much I spent on my pc setup and how much re search I did for the most compatible parts, it just truly blows my mind a ps4 runs cod warzone better than a gpu that costs nearly double the console.....
Anyways this is just a buyers beware post for anyone looking at this, take it as it is, maybe pc gaming is just a bad experience or possibly a r5 3600, rtx 3060ti, paired with 3733mhz ram is just bad, either way just wait out for a new console or do not buy my setup cause it will make for a very bad experience..

I would say your gaming experience is not normal. If you list the full pc spec and some more details of the issues you are having and what you have tried to fix it we can help. There is a learning curve with pc gaming but it’s worth investing the time.

I am a long time gamer of both pc and console. I spend more time gaming on the pc but the console has its place. Console is easier, just switch on and go and the latest gen are very good performance for the money but pc is so much more flexible and can be tweaked to what you want. I have a few games on Series X and PC and no doubt PC looks and performs better. However from this date on the gap between pc and console will continue to get greater until next gen consoles come out to reduce the gap again. With pc you will be able to do incremental upgrades long before next gen consoles release.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
I haven't had an experience like that since the 1990's. Your experience is not typical of current hardware which is generally easy to get working right. Still issues do arise thats why this forum exists. Why don't you make a post in Systems describing your system in detail (make and model of every part) and what is happening, and someone can help get you all fixed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.