Question PC has been freezing up completely, I think It's a motherboard issue. [Please Help]

ShintaroK

Honorable
Jan 19, 2015
Lately I have been running into an issue where my PC will freeze completely, the audio will hang & loop, and my PC will restart itself after a few seconds. I get no BSOD.
I thought this was isolated to a game (valorant) but then it happened with an android emulator (bluestacks) but, then it happened literally just browsing chrome listening to YouTube music.
Things I have tried: Replacing power supply to EVGA Supernova 750w, I did a clean install about a month ago, ran windows memory diagnostic, zero errors. ran crystaldiskinfo, no SMART errors.

I am at my wits end here. I really think that it could be a motherboard issue at this point. my current motherboard is a gigabyte b350 gaming 3
I ordered a Gigabyte b450 Auros Elite on newegg, and I really hope this solves my issue because I have no idea what else could be causing this, especially after the psu swap.

Can anyone provide any insight or help me with this, please? I would really appreciate it.

Specs:

gigabyte b350 gaming 3
ryzen 1600x
rtx 2060 super
EVGA supernova 750w
2x8GB(16GB) corsair vengeance

Ralston18

Titan
Things you can do.

Power off, unplug, open the case. Verify that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are full and firmly in place. Do so by visual inspection and by feel. Gently rock and press into place.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the times of the PC freeze ups.

Disk drives: how many, make & model, capacity, how full?

Try running the built-in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Run "sfc /scannow" via the Command Prompt. Again Windows may find and fix something.

ShintaroK

Honorable
Jan 19, 2015
Things you can do.

Power off, unplug, open the case. Verify that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are full and firmly in place. Do so by visual inspection and by feel. Gently rock and press into place.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the times of the PC freeze ups.

Try running the built-in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Run "sfc /scannow" via the Command Prompt. Again Windows may find and fix something.
Ive ran the windows memory diagnostic tool to test my ram, and it passed.
(This test has failed with bad ram before)
I also ran the drives in crystaldiskinfo and the SMART status for all of them was "good"
I havent tried checking the drives with the command prompt because it always says "the drive is in use"
I have a drevo 120GB ssd, & a seagate barracuda 2TB. The SSD is about 50% full & the hdd is about 75% full.
I thought this was a psu issue, and I was sure to make sure I plugged everything in firm & correctly when I installed this new one.
Could this be a motherboard issue? I'm going to try everything you said, but I was in windows for 10 minutes last night just browsing chrome when it crashed so idk how long I'll be able to be in there.
My new motherboard will be here in 2 days
Check this out on @Newegg: GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b45...m_mmc=snc-social-_-sr-_-13-145-085-_-07272020
I just dont know what to do if that's not the issue here.

ShintaroK

Honorable
Jan 19, 2015
Things you can do.

Update: I ran sfc/ scannow and everything came back normal....

TRENDING THREADS