Question PC Has been struggling as of late, freezing while playing games I've played fine in the past?

woctafu

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2012
So recently, within the last week I would say my PC has been struggling with things I've done fine in the past. For example I play VRChat but randomly my PC "freezes" while I'm starting up. Freezing in this sense means, I can move my mouse around, or touch my keyboard and the caps lock button works. A hard reset fixes it.

This is the same with Path of Exile, another game I've played fine in the past, after 5~ minutes of playtime I "lock up". Background sound of the game plays, the game freezes. My mouse can move to both monitors and mouse over things, but I cannot interact at all.

Specs:
7800x3D AMD CPU
3080 EVGA GPU
Corsair RMX Series, RM850x, 850 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply
32 GB GSKILL DDR5 6000 C32 FX

Steps I've taken to find a potential issue.
-Updated my GPU Drivers, didn't fix it.
- Running Memtest86 at the moment, no errors found on 2/4 tests, still on-going
-Ran Check Disk, no bad batches
-Ran System File Checker, it caught some corrupted files and repaired them.

After System File Checker fixed those corrupted files I went right into MemTest, so I'm unsure if SFC fixed it. If it still has issues I'm probably just going to reinstall my OS, but I'd love to hear if there are any other problems I'm missing?