Aug 2, 2024
Greetings people, I'm writing in hope someone can help me with issue occured. I absolutely hate when issues occuring in random order and from nowhere.

I have MSI trident 3, moba ms9061, i57400, 2soddims 2400mhz 16gb, 1060 6gb, PSU 230 watts, I bought it awhile ago brand new from msi and mantained it well.

Now the issue appeared 3 days ago I wanted to restart my pc but missclicked restart and pressed shutdown instead when I powered it on back I noticed there was no display image which can happen sometimes it does not detect proper output slot so I just switch hdmi1 > 2 or vice verse, however I noticed non of keyboard mouse or any usb ports, thunderbolt ports, ethernet were not working, that was odd and I never had anything like this before, so I just kept force powering off on but it didn't help, I started reading online and most cases like this were advised to reset CMOS, which I did and it didn't help, then I read that some motherboard may not work with dead CMOS battery ( I had original one for like 5 years ) so I bought new one meanwhile my pc unplugged for more than 24 hrs and bios would have been reset by any means, new battery did not help.

After this I started following all of " pc does not post " threads on the internet and dismantled all parts leaving moba, 1 stick ram ( tried each stick in each slot ) but NADA helped for me.

I saw a man advise just to rip everything apart and put it back sometimes computers act really weird and even everything put good together it may not work and only full dismantle and back would work.

It's been two days and I don't have any tools nor 2nd pc to swap vice verse and do some testing, as I said before is completely odd issue which popped out of nowhere and I could not allocate sequence or reason of it, I gave up after full two days reading all kinds of forums all of them were solution to plenty of people but not for me.

I went to local tech center in Prague where I currently am. I explained issue that randomly all of ports stopped working but fans on GPU, CPU, all of rgb on case does work, also when you come close you can hear CPU booting sound, like it actlly boots up windows you can hear CPU being under some work, it's not dead silent.

On the next day they called me and said they turned my pc at very first time without any issues with any of the ports and could not understand what issue, they kept stress testing it and everything was ok, then they restarted it few times and saw issue occured as well, it was occuring randomly, they said you can start pc 10 times in a row no problems but than random amount of times it would boot but with no display image nor usb ports exactly the issue I have, since they were able to boot sometimes without issues they flashed bios and it did not helped, they tested all of moba paths using voltmeter and rest of tools and they gave my pc back for free saying that there is absolutely everything is 100 percent in ideal condition, they witnessed issue I talked about a few times, they could not allocate what exactly causing it and most probably it is moba issue but some very "deep one" whatever it means, if it was like that they should have found it checking paths.
I also specifically asked them to verify condition of PSU and it is completely in working condition as well.

I came back home plugged pc and turned it successfully from the first time, I put all of the case back, and was shutting down and restarting my pc without issue 15-20 times, and could not reproduce issue I had before, then I gave up and went to play some games, meanwhile checking aida64, all of the sensor are ok, temps are ok as well, computer does work 100 percent fine, no bsod or anything else, I kept using my pc until midnight and then turned it off and went to sleep.

Now here I am 4th day, awake, trying to boot my pc again, no usb ports working no display image, I changed plug sockets, I already used to force shut down and turn back via physical button many times today and I cannot a single time get my pc booted with usb ports and display working