PC issues start up

Alvicito

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
Today my PC boots up as normal when of all sudden, I can't open any of my programs, window commands, or internet explorer. The programs don't highlight as I put my cursor on it and it doesn't open when clicking. Idk if its my Disk usage being at 100%, but are there any solutions to this? I have windows 10 btw. My PC also wont let me use the search bar in the main menu as it has a blue circle.

Edit: It seems that the problem is that my PC takes forever to get at an optimal speed due to a long boot up at the home menu. Is there a way I can increase the speed of the boot up and stop the delay on the programs? Also I cant do much as my computer will just have that blue circle as I try to open something.

Solution
You might want to check that this isn't a driver issue, reset your MBR and that will re-install all the critical system drivers.

If that doesn't work it may be your hard drive, if you're using an HDD and not an SSD it could be that too; but try resetting the MBR before you go out and buy a new SSD.

If it is already an SSD, could be faulty.

Either way, run a backup before you do anything. Recommend Rollback Rx or Macrium Reflect.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
You might want to check that this isn't a driver issue, reset your MBR and that will re-install all the critical system drivers.

If that doesn't work it may be your hard drive, if you're using an HDD and not an SSD it could be that too; but try resetting the MBR before you go out and buy a new SSD.

If it is already an SSD, could be faulty.

Either way, run a backup before you do anything. Recommend Rollback Rx or Macrium Reflect.

Solution

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Alvicito : "PC issues start up"