PC just restarts itself. No Blue screen or anywarning

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrixe

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Hey guys,

I have a problem with my pc. It keeps on shutting down/restarting w/o any warning or blue screen

Specs:

i7 2600k overclocked to 4.5ghz. 1.34v stable on prime testing
temp is normal. highest is 65deg
16 gig rams
tx850 psu
gtx 570

it randomly shuts down. sometimes it can go overnight. but sometimes 1-2 hrs of using and just restarts.
Anything that I can check?

Thanks guys!

Solution
G
You did run the furmark and your pc restarted in 2 minutes? I’m trying to figure out if the problem is power failure on the motherboard first run prime95 and furmark together. If you get reboot the only solution is a 2 molex to pci-e connector to your card in order not to drag power from pci-e, motherboard and finally from cpu as you see here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachments/graphics-cards-internal-video-devices/131465d1248975574-installed-geforce-9800gt-info-shows-no-enough-power-molex_pci-e.jpg

You need to download CPUZ just to give us the memory timings for example 5 5 5 15 command rate if it is 2T? get it from here:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

You can run a test in boot click control panel...

Xenturion

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
One thing you could try is pressing F8 as Windows boots and selecting the "Disable Restart on System Failure". This will boot to Windows normally, but, if it BlueScreens, it'll actually show you the the BSOD. Sometimes a computer is BSODing and it happens so quickly that it's impossible to make out the screen.

PCBEater

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012
instant shut down indicates heat problem. Have you tried turning on the system with the case door off and looking/feeling for anything irregular? try having HWMonitor on so you can rule out temp problems, check you PSU for voltage/heat problems too.

G

good point.

I have to add did while you tring to OC the system rebooted to memory defaults? check the bios for the cpu "halt on" to no errors. finaly we may read a blue screen.

After OC the prime95 is not enough you must test and a furmak test to see how the cpu power delivery is with the card operating at 100% ussage. A 2 molex to pci-e connector can solve these problems as the card dosen't drag power from your motherboard is good to have one and is cheap.

G

if the memory, cpu timing is the problem the system is getting in a boot loop and the bios set to default.

He tested prime95 is if he didn't loose any of the cores the voltage is good.

G

it woold be nice if you are right but he can check that with a memory test some passes at boot, he didn't gave any info of memory changes anyway i assume playes auto in there. We don't have information about the motherboard, cpu multiplier used if it goes to x50 no need to change the memory multiplier.

Ps 16 Gbytes ram i assume is 2 x 8Gbyte dims even in auto they can't play low.

adrixe

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Thanks for all your reply. Been busy with shooting weddings and not able to reply

I tried to check my oc setting and changed some settings on my oc.

Used multi 45 and offset +.005
My temps are 69c on full load on prime 95
Did 24 hrs prime with no prob.

I will do the things that you guys said. I have to check my mem to see if the timming is correct.

I will do the fumark test? I'll try to look for that.

I'll report what happens.

adrixe

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Ok,
so here's what happened.
run for benchmark for the fumark and did fine.
Ran the fumark test for the 15min 1920x1080. 2min is just restarted. didnt bsod or anything. set it up to dont restart on system failure.

temp of the card is just around 70c.

What should I look for now?

G

You did run the furmark and your pc restarted in 2 minutes? I’m trying to figure out if the problem is power failure on the motherboard first run prime95 and furmark together. If you get reboot the only solution is a 2 molex to pci-e connector to your card in order not to drag power from pci-e, motherboard and finally from cpu as you see here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachments/graphics-cards-internal-video-devices/131465d1248975574-installed-geforce-9800gt-info-shows-no-enough-power-molex_pci-e.jpg

You need to download CPUZ just to give us the memory timings for example 5 5 5 15 command rate if it is 2T? get it from here:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

You can run a test in boot click control panel, administrative tools run a memory diagnostic tool in boot we need to see if you will get reboot in there, we must make sure the problem is no hardware related first.

From the start menu select run and type chkdsk c: /f/x and reboot to scan the disk for errors.

After that click All Programs, Accessories run command line in there type:

sfc /scannow

to see if you have errors in your software.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.