Question Pc keeps crashing with the message: The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8030ce9deca, 0xffffa70af6326090, 0x0000000000000000)

Aug 9, 2024
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include:

PSU - make, model, wattage, age, condtion (original to build, new, refurbished, used).

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

What games are being played? Source?
Specs :
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Cooler: NZXT Kraken x63
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX ATX AM5 Motherboard
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5600 CL36 Memory
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive - 143 GB free of 930 GB
GPU: MSI VENTUS 3X OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB Video Card
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case
Power supply: Corsair RM850x (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Windows 11 Pro

I'm playing games like, Rainbow six Siege, Overwatch, Valorant, Counter-Strike 2.

I ran the windows memory diagnostics tool and it said it detected memory issues, so I guess that's the cause of the crashes. How would I go about figuring out which stick is bad?

Aug 9, 2024
Test each stick individually but do so in accordance with the Motherboard's User Guide/Manual regarding slot use and configuration settings.

Take screenshots of the Windows memory diagnostic tool. First as is and then the test results.

Post here via imgur (www.imgur.com)
I read the manual regarding memory and the only thing mentioned that was of relevancy (afaik) was how to setup dual channel. Would I be fine removing one stick then testing the one left and then vice versa?

Ralston18

Titan
Yes:

The objective simply being to determine if each memory stick independly works.

They may indeed work well individually which would then imply some mis-configuration with respect to both sticks being installed.

Then reread the manual and verify that the dual channel setup is correct.

If the crashes continue post some screenshots to show what is or is not happening. Screenshots can be posted here via imgur (www.imgur.com).

Install CPU-z and capture some screenshots via the Memory and SPD tabs.

Someone may spot some direct problem or perhaps another potential culprit.

And look for error codes, warnings, and even informational events in Reliability History/Monitor and Event Viewer. All are important - just take a closer look at any events that occured just before or at the time of the pc crashes.