[SOLVED] PC keeps freezing

Sep 10, 2019
Hello, i was unsure where i would ask this question so i thought i would just do it here.
My problem has been going on for months now, what happens is that whenever i am ingame, or i open certain programs my PC freezes for a few seconds and i hear this buzzing sound that gets louder and louder.
Ive had the PC sent in twice now from where i bought it, they have ran several tests, including: Memtest, BurnInTest, Furmark, Prime, HD tune.
They told me both times they couldnt find any problems with the PC.
They told me after the first time when i got back to them that it could be that the HDD was to close to to PSU, so i changed its position, there was a slight difference, it kept freezing but the sound had dissapeared. Now im left wondering what i should do seeing as they cant find any solution, and the problem didnt occur to them, but only occurs to me, any help would be appriciated alot :)

Solution
Oops, i forgot to mention, they sent me a replacement for the HDD but problem still persisted, also the i only use the HDD for storage really, i have my games on my SSD.
Have you tried swapping out the cables that the PSU supplies to the parts? Or have you checked the PSU (Power Supply) at all? It could be the cable that gives power to the parts.

If not, then its a motherboard issue and you probably need a new motherboard. It could be fried. The tests are made about parts, but not of the motherboard. Try that too.

Nmopt

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2014
Hi Twzy!

It could be your slow HDD. Check your Task Manager for usage. If the read speed isn't fast enough for the game, it could freeze to load back up to the point. You mentioned a sound coming from your PC, that's probably the Hard Disk.

Get a new HDD (Western Digital BLACK, not blue!) or get a new SSD. If that doesn't solve the issue, then message me back!

Sep 10, 2019
Hi Twzy!

It could be your slow HDD. Check your Task Manager for usage. If the read speed isn't fast enough for the game, it could freeze to load back up to the point. You mentioned a sound coming from your PC, that's probably the Hard Disk.

Get a new HDD (Western Digital BLACK, not blue!) or get a new SSD. If that doesn't solve the issue, then message me back!

Oops, i forgot to mention, they sent me a replacement for the HDD but problem still persisted, also the i only use the HDD for storage really, i have my games on my SSD.

Reactions: Nmopt

Nmopt

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2014
Have you tried swapping out the cables that the PSU supplies to the parts? Or have you checked the PSU (Power Supply) at all? It could be the cable that gives power to the parts.

If not, then its a motherboard issue and you probably need a new motherboard. It could be fried. The tests are made about parts, but not of the motherboard. Try that too.

Solution