[SOLVED] Pc keeps hitting 100c after starting it.

Sep 2, 2021
Hello i hope you guys can help me.

i just instaled a kraken x53 aio to my 2080ti fe using a kraken g12 bracket. After dubbel checking so that every cable is in the right place i started it.
the computer boots fine but after 1 minute it reaches 90/100 celcius and turns off the screen. I have startet it 3 tiles and its the sae every time.The pc is still running it seems. All the other fans and my rgb strips are on but the screen is black. I suspect it has to do with the thermas paste i dident use all thet much and it is smeared everywhere around the gpu chip. I have tried loosing the screws that cobnect the gpu to the aio pump.dident work. I tried thighten then really hard. That dident work aither.
Im araid if i start it again it will break. Help?

My specs.

intel 9600k
Nvidia 2080ti fe
Corsair 750 psu
Kraken x53 aio

Solution
Thermal shutdown.

Stop tightening things "really hard". Something will break.

If not immediately then perhaps when the system heats up and expands.

This:

"I suspect it has to do with the thermas paste i dident use all thet much and it is smeared everywhere around the gpu chip. I have tried loosing the screws that cobnect the gpu to the aio pump.dident work. I tried thighten then really hard. That dident work aither. "

= = = =

What thermal paste did you use? Brand? How did you apply the paste?

What you should do is Start over.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Take all apart.

Carefully clean out/ clean off the misapplied thermal paste.

Motherboard: make and model? Go to the applicable manufacturer's...

Ralston18

Titan
Thermal shutdown.

Stop tightening things "really hard". Something will break.

If not immediately then perhaps when the system heats up and expands.

This:

"I suspect it has to do with the thermas paste i dident use all thet much and it is smeared everywhere around the gpu chip. I have tried loosing the screws that cobnect the gpu to the aio pump.dident work. I tried thighten then really hard. That dident work aither. "

= = = =

What thermal paste did you use? Brand? How did you apply the paste?

What you should do is Start over.

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Take all apart.

Carefully clean out/ clean off the misapplied thermal paste.

Motherboard: make and model? Go to the applicable manufacturer's website and download the User Guide/Manual for your motherboard.

Read through the User Guide/Manual and once more double check all connections and configuration settings. Be very certain that all connections are correct and fully connected.

Then reassemble but be very sure to also follow all of the the applicable installation instructions for each installed component. Pay attention to fine print, warnings, and references to other sources of information and detail.

Be very careful when reapplying the thermal paste.

Solution
Sep 2, 2021
Thank you for replying.
I used my 2 year old noctua thermal paste that i got with my cpu cooler. I put a rice shaped not to small dot.
my motherboard is asus prime h 370m - plus.
what should i use to clean the old thermal paste with?
Thanks

Sep 2, 2021
Thank you for replying.
I used my 2 year old noctua thermal paste that i got with my cpu cooler. I put a rice shaped not to small dot.
my motherboard is asus prime h 370m - plus.
what should i use to clean the old thermal paste with?
Thanks
i have pictures off my thermal paste after i took eveything of and of the gpu. But i dont know how to send them here.
Also. I will dissasemble the computer like you said. It seems smart to do. but thats tomorrow bc its very late here in sweden and i need my beauty sleep.