Question PC keeps powering off and back on after interrupting a reset (windows)

Jun 16, 2023
So I recently upgraded my motherboard, cpu and cpu cooler and my pc was working great. However I decided with all my new upgrades and cluttered storage I want to clear all my data and have a fresh install of my pc. I initiated the reset with deleting all files and clearing all drives but it got stuck around 4% so i powered my pc off to cancel it. It did delete all my files but Now after using my pc for 5-15 minutes it decided to power off and then immediately boot back up. I’ve looked at temps and there’s no overheating. I’ve tried resetting with a fresh install of windows using a usb. I’ve done a reset without deleting files and it didn’t work. I noticed there were windows updates available and thought maybe that’s why it was turning off and on so i downloaded the updates and now i can’t use the windows key or click the start menu or search bar. I’m now trying to do another reset with deleting everything and cleaning drives but it’s been stuck at %6 for 5-6 hours. I’m very lost and would appreciate any help!

Specs:
After Upgrade——

CPU: i5 13500k

CPU cooler: DeepCool AK620

Motherboard: MSI Z-690a DDR4

Ram: 48 GB

SSD/HDD: 200GB SSD/8TB seagate barracude HDD

GPU: RTX 3080

PSU: Corsair RM850 (9 months old)

Chassis: cyberpowerpc

Monitor: LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B

Before Upgrade——

CPU: i7 7700k

CPU cooler: Enermax Side Flow

Motherboard: MSI z270 gaming plus

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Since you mentioned the system was upgraded, we'll be seeing two sets of specs, one before and one for after. You're also advised to reinstall the OS, not reset the OS. You do the former via a bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Jun 16, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Since you mentioned the system was upgraded, we'll be seeing two sets of specs, one before and one for after. You're also advised to reinstall the OS, not reset the OS. You do the former via a bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.
After Upgrade——

CPU: i5 13500k

CPU cooler: DeepCool AK620

Motherboard: MSI Z-690a DDR4

Before Upgrade——

CPU: i7 7700k

CPU cooler: Enermax Side Flow

Motherboard: MSI z270 gaming plus

I previously tried a reinstall of windows using a usb but it’s still shutting off and turning back on its own