Commendable
Mar 12, 2018
Specifications:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H77-D3H
CPU: intel core i7 3770 (water-cooled)
GPU: asus strix geforce gtx970
RAM: Patriot Viper 3 2×8GB
PSU: Corsair RM750x
SSD: Samsung 256 GB (Cant find model name)
HDD: Have 3 different models, cant find their names.

Like the title says, on startup the fans starts to spin, but stops after 2 seconds, in an indefinite cycle. I have tried disconnecting all the drives and the RAM sticks, but to no avail. This problem occured seemingly at random, got a blue screen saying i had to repair the computer the night before, and it completely stopped the next day. I believe it may have something to do with the cooling, i dont hear the waterpump activating

Thank you for your attention.

isak.leopold

Commendable
Mar 12, 2018
remove all not needed components, only install:
PSU, CPU, motherboard, front panel power button, one stick of RAM installed in slot DDR3_2

reset the BIOS by jumper

Resetting the bios (CLR_CMOS) kept the computer running, so i slowly added back all the parts one by one and made sure it was running. Soon enough i got to the graphics card so i could interface the bios. I got to bootig, but got the error message "Bad system config info". Thinking this may be the RAM stick i removed at first, i removed it again. This time, no bios. Tried to do a clr cmos again, got to the bios screen, but there were no buttons. Shortly thereafter, it shut down once more. Stripped down to the basic parts again, bu this time, the same process did not work. Back to square 1

Last edited: