[SOLVED] Pc keeps restarting sombody help please!!šŸ™

Jul 14, 2021
Hey Iā€™m very new to this whole community and made my first build a few months ago. At first it didnā€™t even boot until I figured out I had to get a new motherboard...

so finally it worked great until about a month ago it randomly restarted while in the middle of a game. Now when I turn my pc on I have about 30-1 hour of perfect use then it will restart! After the first restart it seems to happen every 5-10 min until I give up and leave my pc alone for at least 30 min... aswell somtimes instead of restarting my screen will stay black and all lights and fans will remain on, in this situation I have to switch off or unplug the power supply to restart.

things Iā€™ve tried:
-adjusting power/restart settings
- updating drivers and anything I could find
-reinstalling windows 10
-updating bios
  • bought brand new psu
  • cleaned dust
  • checked temp of pc components all good
-unplugged and replugged wires
-Reassembled pc

My build:
Psu- Corsair plus 650w
Motherboard- Msi tomahawk b450
cpu- ryzen 7 2600x (stock cooler)
Gpu- gtx 2060
Ram- t-force 8x2gb
Memory- team 1tb m.2

Solution
Hey Iā€™m very new to this whole community and made my first build a few months ago. At first it didnā€™t even boot until I figured out I had to get a new motherboard...

so finally it worked great until about a month ago it randomly restarted while in the middle of a game. Now when I turn my pc on I have about 30-1 hour of perfect use then it will restart! After the first restart it seems to happen every 5-10 min until I give up and leave my pc alone for at least 30 min... aswell somtimes instead of restarting my screen will stay black and all lights and fans will remain on, in this situation I have to switch off or unplug the power supply to restart.

things Iā€™ve tried:
- updating drivers and anything...

things Iā€™ve tried:
- updating drivers and anything I could find
-reinstalling windows 10
-updating bios
  • bought brand new psu
  • cleaned dust
  • checked temp of pc components all good
-unplugged and replugged wires
-Reassembled pc

My build:
Psu- Corsair plus 650w
Motherboard- Msi tomahawk b450
cpu- ryzen 7 2600x (stock cooler)
Gpu- gtx 2060
Ram- t-force 8x2gb
Memory- team 1tb m.2

From your description there are many things that can cause your problem.

Most experienced builders will conduct a stress test after assembly to establish system stability by checking temps under load and that rail voltages are at correct tolerance.
The correct stress test can determine many issues and there are other apps for monitoring your system and are part of your troubleshooting toolbox. Without them your flying blind when troubleshooting.
I recommend AIDA64 for Stress testing purposes and HWInfo64 for monitoring and comparisons. They are both free and safe to use.

Solution
Jul 14, 2021
From your description there are many things that can cause your problem.

Most experienced builders will conduct a stress test after assembly to establish system stability by checking temps under load and that rail voltages are at correct tolerance.
The correct stress test can determine many issues and there are other apps for monitoring your system and are part of your troubleshooting toolbox. Without them your flying blind when troubleshooting.
I recommend AIDA64 for Stress testing purposes and HWInfo64 for monitoring and comparisons. They are both free and safe to use.

Thankyou Ill try it out