Question PC keeps shutting down and restarting, and also turns on but no display ?

Aug 14, 2022
Hi, i have a moderately old PC currently built in 2017, its been sitting in the dust for the last 4 years or so. But i've decided to revitalized it a week ago. Here are the parts and what i did recently.

underline means parts is still the one from 2017
CPU : i5-7400 3 GHz, just repasted it 2 week ago
RAM : HyperX Fury 2x8 GB 2400 MHz . New, replacing old Gloway 2x4 GB 2400 MHz
MB: Asrock H110M-hdv
GPU : Galax GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb
SSD : EYOTA 128 GB, new. second one though because first one failed to be detected and got replaced with a working one
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
PSU : Cooler Master Lite 500 W from 2018-2019, replacing old PSU which somehow had a shortage, forgot the brand tho

So the problem started yesterday, i haven't touch my PC for a week and i decided to turn it on, and somehow the PC doesn't turn on normally and keep restarting by itself when its only at the bios screen. So i thought it might be a RAM problem because i have experienced the same thing with my laptop before, so i remove the ram and reinstall it and still the same problem. Checked the other parts (GPU, SSD, HDD, RAM) and trying turning it on and it still does the same problem. So i decided to gave up and try at a later time. Now it boots up normally i play a game for 1-2 hours and suddenly it freezes and i need to shut it down forcefully. After shutting down and turning it back on the restarting started again and even after waiting for a while the pc turns on but no display. I also already remove the cmos battery as suggested by a video on YT as well but the problem persists.

My suspicion is that its PSU related, because the fan of the power supply is facing up not down as its supposed to (i wasn't the one who built it back then however the recent upgrades was by myself), because i checked all the temps when it was booting correctly nothing is really overheat.

Is my suspicion correct or there are any other thing i missed?
Thanks in advance

Hi, i have a moderately old PC currently built in 2017, its been sitting in the dust for the last 4 years or so. But i've decided to revitalized it a week ago. Here are the parts and what i did recently.

underline means parts is still the one from 2017
CPU : i5-7400 3 GHz, just repasted it 2 week ago
RAM : HyperX Fury 2x8 GB 2400 MHz . New, replacing old Gloway 2x4 GB 2400 MHz
MB: Asrock H110M-hdv
GPU : Galax GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb
SSD : EYOTA 128 GB, new. second one though because first one failed to be detected and got replaced with a working one
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
PSU : Cooler Master Lite 500 W from 2018-2019, replacing old PSU which somehow had a shortage, forgot the brand tho

So the problem started yesterday, i haven't touch my PC for a week and i decided to turn it on, and somehow the PC doesn't turn on normally and keep restarting by itself when its only at the bios screen. So i thought it might be a RAM problem because i have experienced the same thing with my laptop before, so i remove the ram and reinstall it and still the same problem. Checked the other parts (GPU, SSD, HDD, RAM) and trying turning it on and it still does the same problem. So i decided to gave up and try at a later time. Now it boots up normally i play a game for 1-2 hours and suddenly it freezes and i need to shut it down forcefully. After shutting down and turning it back on the restarting started again and even after waiting for a while the pc turns on but no display. I also already remove the cmos battery as suggested by a video on YT as well but the problem persists.

My suspicion is that its PSU related, because the fan of the power supply is facing up not down as its supposed to (i wasn't the one who built it back then however the recent upgrades was by myself), because i checked all the temps when it was booting correctly nothing is really overheat.

Is my suspicion correct or there are any other thing i missed?
Thanks in advance
Do you still have the old ram?

Aug 14, 2022
After 4 years of sitting the CMOS battery must be empty. Replace it.

The PSU is a Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite? If yes, it's complete junk. The worst groupregulated PSU of an A- brand. Test with a decent PSU.

Thanks for the answer, i would like to ask if any cmos battery will do or some specific brands? And also for the PSU what are options i can buy for 500-650 W configuration, i will conform with the options i have here in my country of Indonesia.