[SOLVED] PC locks up ever since installing M.2 SSD

Jan 26, 2021
So last week I did a new pc while keeping my HDD from my previous PC. Everything went well. While having this newly built pc i installed a M.2 SSD and i wanted to use it boot up my pc so i did a fresh install on it and deleted windows on my HDD. But for what ever reason while I'm doing light browsing on my pc it would become unresponsive randomly and I cant do anything, my pc completely freezes without a BSOD and I have to hold my power button to turn of my pc. This only happen when im doing light browsing, whenever I play games i never encounter this issue i can seemingly play forever without issues. i Wonder is there a way i can resolve this issue it really bugging me. The SSD i have is the samsung 970 evo plus.

Raz_5_

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
So last week I did a new pc while keeping my HDD from my previous PC. Everything went well. While having this newly built pc i installed a M.2 SSD and i wanted to use it boot up my pc so i did a fresh install on it and deleted windows on my HDD. But for what ever reason while I'm doing light browsing on my pc it would become unresponsive randomly and I cant do anything, my pc completely freezes without a BSOD and I have to hold my power button to turn of my pc. This only happen when im doing light browsing, whenever I play games i never encounter this issue i can seemingly play forever without issues. i Wonder is there a way i can resolve this issue it really bugging me. The SSD i have is the samsung 970 evo plus.

Sounds faulty, only thing my dumb head can think of is maybe something's going on with the browser you're using? Do a fresh install of it? Maybe you have malware? I highly doubt it cuz it shouldn't lock your computer up but it's something. Sorry I cant be of any TRUE help.

Jan 26, 2021
Sounds faulty, only thing my dumb head can think of is maybe something's going on with the browser you're using? Do a fresh install of it? Maybe you have malware? I highly doubt it cuz it shouldn't lock your computer up but it's something. Sorry I cant be of any TRUE help.
Yeah i most likely dont have malware because i dont go on any strange websites and the health on both of my disk seen to be healthy so i dont know what else it can be. Also i dont want to do another windows fresh install

The issue is that at this point, it seems like a Windows install. You can migrate all your documents and games to your HDD before performing a clean reinstall of Windows on the M.2.

Also, it doesn't hurt for you to make sure that all your drivers, motherboard chipset and motherboard BIOS are up to date.

Jan 26, 2021
The issue is that at this point, it seems like a Windows install. You can migrate all your documents and games to your HDD before performing a clean reinstall of Windows on the M.2.

Also, it doesn't hurt for you to make sure that all your drivers, motherboard chipset and motherboard BIOS are up to date.
Say it ain't so. The whole reason i brought a ssd was to run windows on. It boots up is mere seconds i cant got back to my hdd it used to take it like 8 min for everything to boot up. There can't be another solution?

Jan 26, 2021
No no, my reply was poorly worded.

What I suggest is to move your important files and Games to your HDD and perform a reinstall on the M.2. That way you can just move you files over to your M.2 when you're done reinstalling.

Sorry about that.
Oh, ok that sounds more reasonable I'll have to that this weekend when I have free time I hope that fixes it also thanks for the help

TRENDING THREADS