Question PC Losing Signal Sometimes

Mustela

Prominent
Jul 17, 2021
I bought a new GPU, a GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8GB Rev. 2.0. I've been testing it for a while, but it's losing signal for a brief second whenever I try to use any HDMI 2.1 feature. Those features are: Color depth of 10 bpc or 12 bpc with RGB Full or YCbCr 4:4:4 and 4K 120Hz. This GPU has two HDMI 2.1 slots, each is labeled with a number through NVCP. With slot #1 I can use 4K 120Hz RGB Full 10 bpc without any problems when using Windows normally (e.g. navigating through the internet), but the display will lose signal eventually when playing games. With slot #2, the screen keeps losing signal constantly. In other words, it's infrequent with slot #1 and is totally broken with slot #2.

My TV is a SAMSUNG Q70T 55", it has four HDMI slots, which one is 2.1. I tried using the other slots, and all of them worked perfectly. They accept YCbCr 4:2:0 Limited 8 bpc at 4K 120Hz, and I had no issues yet.

I already tried doing a clean driver install with DDU, and the problem persists.

Is my GPU faulty? What should I do?

Mustela

Prominent
Jul 17, 2021

TRENDING THREADS