[SOLVED] Pc not Booting up and no Power when GPU is Plugged In

francisnicolas622

Reputable
Oct 19, 2017
I recently bought this 2nd hand msi Gtx 1080 armor oc and I did benchmark and play games on it for a day and Its fully working but later that day when my brother was using my PC there was a Power Outage, After that he says that he still manage to use it for an hour or two then it suddenly turned off then after that its not booting anymore.
I tried using my old gpu which is a gtx 660 and its powering up and everything but when I go back to my gtx 1080 its not booting or powering anything,

I hope you guys can help me with this since I really need my Pc for my job

Edit: Forgot to say that I contacted the seller of the card but they're not responding so I don't know If I just got scammed of buying a faulty GPU.

Pc Specs:
Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Asrock b450m Steel legend
GPU: Gtx 1080 / Gtx 660 (backup)
PSU: Nzxt c650
Ram: Hyperx Fury 2x8 3200mhz
Storage: SSD 240gb kingston / Generic 160gb HDD
Fans: 6 argb fans

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? As a side note, take the GTX1080 over to a donor system that has at least 750W at the entire system's disposal to rule out a lack of power to the GPU, and see if the issue persists. FYI, the GTX660 draws far less power than the GTX1080 so that isn't exactly a fair comparison to be made about if the GPU was sold in a shady manner.

francisnicolas622

Reputable
Oct 19, 2017
How old is the PSU in your build? As a side note, take the GTX1080 over to a donor system that has at least 750W at the entire system's disposal to rule out a lack of power to the GPU, and see if the issue persists. FYI, the GTX660 draws far less power than the GTX1080 so that isn't exactly a fair comparison to be made about if the GPU was sold in a shady manner.
Its been only a month since I bought it so its still pretty new. I'll see if I know anyone that has a 750w psu so I could try it in their pc but I really don't think its a lack of power in my psu since I put my whole system in pcpartpicker and it only shows 350w overall. I'm aware that gtx 660 is not a fair comparison to gtx 1080 but that's all I have right now to compare. Ty for replying