[SOLVED] Pc only turns on with CPU removed from SOCKET

Mar 19, 2021
I switched from a RYZEN 5 3600 to a RYZEN 7 6800x
everything went good but the temps were to high
i removed the cooler (a noctuna like,double fan) put more thermal paste,pot everything together
the pc wont turn on nothing,dead
the pins arent bend
i tryed everything,battery reset,different combinations tried with the ryzen 5 300
nothing
i have a mobo b550 msi a 3070 and a rm850 plus gold from corsair
without the cpu on the socket everythign turns up

Mar 19, 2021
I switched from a RYZEN 5 3600 to a RYZEN 7 6800x
everything went good but the temps were to high
i removed the cooler (a noctuna like,double fan) put more thermal paste,pot everything together
the pc wont turn on nothing,dead
the pins arent bend
i tryed everything,battery reset,different combinations tried with the ryzen 5 300
nothing
i have a mobo b550 msi a 3070 and a rm850 plus gold from corsair
without the cpu on the socket everythign turns up

Any pictures?

Mar 19, 2021
The ONLY condition to a power ed on PC is the cpu disconnected (with CPU power cable disconnected but with CPU connected i get the same result)

You're starting your pc without cpu cooler installed.
Are you trying to kill it? Don't ever do that.

Luckily for you, pc wouldn't start without cpu cooler fan connected.

Watch some youtube videos, what happened with older generation cpus, when you start system without cpu cooler. They blow up quite spectacularly.

Mar 19, 2021
You're starting your pc without cpu cooler installed.
Are you trying to kill it? Don't ever do that.

Luckily for you, pc wouldn't start without cpu cooler fan connected.

Watch some youtube videos, what happened with older generation cpus, when you start system without cpu cooler. They blow up quite spectacularly.
The PC is capable to boot up without the cooler but i never did that for more than 1 sec, i'm into a 8 hrs tests i can't attach everytime the cooler

Mar 19, 2021
That's weird. I'm gonna guess that either the socket or the cpu is broken and something shorts out.
The guy who assemblea my old PC didn't fave me the protection to put between the mobo and the cooler screws, the last time i tighten em up directly to the motherboard, very tight, it coukd be that the pressure damage the socket area or shirted something?

Mar 19, 2021
The guy who assemblea my old PC didn't fave me the protection to put between the mobo and the cooler screws, the last time i tighten em up directly to the motherboard, very tight, it coukd be that the pressure damage the socket area or shirted something?
That could be the issue. If you still have warranty try to get a replacement.

Mar 19, 2021
for everybody who has this problem
it means that your socket and your cpu dosen't connect properly
it also happens if you don't put properly your cpu