PC Problem(2 short beeps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanuka

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
My PC started acting strange today. When i turned it on it just turned off and automatically turned on again and 2 short beeps were ringing 1-1----1-1----1-1----.............. like that continuously.Then i removed my RAM cards and cleaned them. And when i turn it on again same thing happened but not the beeps. After turning off automatically it ran normally. This happened in the morning.

No screen nothing.just the beeps and also in the morning there was a sound like "sqeez"

In the afternoon same thing happened and then started.

These days i was downloading MW 2(11GB) and the PC was mostly turned on.Finished downloading yesterday and the current went out twice while i was using the PC. and today this. Today morning it started raining. those are the recent things happened.

What could be the problem? This concerns me a lot cuz this is my new PC. bought it few months back.worked really great until yesterday.
I think this is a memory problem(that's why i put it in the Memory Sub category)

Please help :( :\

Solution
Start with one stick one ram and see if it solves the problem. If not try the others and in different slots. I would clear the bios after taking all the ram out, then give it a go.

chanuka

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
u mean like this
<II>I to I<II>
and then back to <II>I
I'm not good at hardware that why
btw you are talking about the mobo right ? About the CMOS configuration

I=pin
<> = jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.