Question PC randomly crashes(no bsod) and cpu debug light turns on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M0_

Commendable
Sep 27, 2020
Hey guys, I built my first pc last year and ever since then my pc has been crashing randomly. The screen freezes and then 2 seconds later the monitor stops receiving an hdmi signal and motherboard cpu debug light turn on (The fans are still running). The pc might crash when I boot into windows (Sometimes crashes immediately on boot up or 10 - 15 seconds later). Other times I might be browsing the web or playing a game (usually I don't play too graphical demanding games but I can play games like witcher 3 or outer worlds without a problem on mid-high graphics).

Days the pc has crashed: (To show it crashes randomly)
08/19/2020
08/25/2020
08/27/2020
08/29/2020
09/02/2020
09/07/2020
09/10/2020

PC specs:
Cpu: Ryzen 5 2600
Mobo: MSI b450 tomahawk
Ram: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 3000
SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB
Harddrive: Some HGST harddrive I got from my dead laptop
GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8G
PSU: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze

The cpu temps never reach above 85C during benchmark and never above 75C when gaming.
The gpu temps never reach above 70C.
I am on the lastest BIOS, I have the lastest drivers installed. I have made sure all wires are properly connected. I ran memtest86 and ram is fine. I have also ran benchmarks and everything is fine. Also after the crash event viewer gives an error message: "Windows unexpectedly shutdown". Is there anything I can do to solve the issue?
Thank you.

M0_

Commendable
Sep 27, 2020
I would suspect the HGST hard drive from your dead laptop may be the problem. Try running your PC without the HDD to see if the problem goes away.
Really? I would've never guessed that would be the problem because I am only using it as a game library. I will try the computer without it and give an update in a month or so. Thank you for the response.

Dec 21, 2020
Really? I would've never guessed that would be the problem because I am only using it as a game library. I will try the computer without it and give an update in a month or so. Thank you for the response.

Woah, we have mostly the same specs (R5 2600 and RX580) and I'm also having the same problem that I can't seem to figure out why. At first I thought it was the RAM cuz ever since I changed it up, it started to crash like this a bunch but I've used tested it out and it's fine.

Has there been a follow up? Did it stop crashing after a while or is it still having the same behavior at your end?

M0_

Commendable
Sep 27, 2020
Woah, we have mostly the same specs (R5 2600 and RX580) and I'm also having the same problem that I can't seem to figure out why. At first I thought it was the RAM cuz ever since I changed it up, it started to crash like this a bunch but I've used tested it out and it's fine.

Has there been a follow up? Did it stop crashing after a while or is it still having the same behavior at your end?

Forgot to do the follow up. No it didn't stop crashing.

Dec 21, 2020
I wonder if it's the latest BIOS that's messing stuff up cuz that's one of the two things that changed before my system started to go mcrandomly crashy crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.