Oct 10, 2020
PC Specs:
Motherboard- ASRock z390 Pro4
GPU - RTX 2080Ti Msi ventus gp
CPU - Intel core i9-9900k 8 core
PCU - Seasonic Focus Plus 1000w Gold
Ram - T-Force Delta RGB Ddr4 Intel XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory Model
SSD - intel 660p 2TB
For the past week my computer has been freezing and the only way to unfreeze it is a force shut down. The past day when it freezes it will sometimes restart the computer on its own. When it freezes i hear the sound notification of a usb device being unplugged and plugged in. My keyboards (corsair k70 mk 2) rgb will flash on and off. But when the computer freezes at the windows log in screen the sound and the rgb turning off and on does not happen.

What have you tried so far in your troubleshooting steps?

Id start here

Check inside your pc for any loose connections, such as internal USB ports or other hardware. Check them all to make sure they are in there well.

If that fails

if you can open command prompt as a admin in time run this command SFC /scannow

and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

And If those fail try clearing your CMOS / BIOS

Then Try a reinstall of windows if it fails.

Divells

Reputable
Oct 10, 2020
So I’ve done the mem test and everything was fine. I checked all the connections inside and out and they are all properly connected. I reset my pc and reinstalled windows and that didn’t work either. Shortly after reinstalling windows it froze up again.

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Disconnect all USB connections and only leave the mouse and keyboard ones plugged in and see if you still have the same issue, then we can find out of it's something you have connected causing the issue.

Since you reinstalled windows and still have the same issue, that rules out a software issue at this time.

Divells

Reputable
Oct 10, 2020
Disconnect all USB connections and only leave the mouse and keyboard ones plugged in and see if you still have the same issue, then we can find out of it's something you have connected causing the issue.

Since you reinstalled windows and still have the same issue, that rules out a software issue at this time.
I disconnected everything and even tried with a different mouse and with the keyboard disconnected but the freeze still occurred

Divells

Reputable
Oct 10, 2020
I disconnected everything and even tried with a different mouse and with the keyboard disconnected but the freeze still occurred
Sometimes when I turn my pc on now my monitor will just stay black and the motherboard logo with the loading circle won’t show up and I have to restart again.

NerdyComputerGuy

Distinguished
Sometimes when I turn my pc on now my monitor will just stay black and the motherboard logo with the loading circle won’t show up and I have to restart again.
Could you try downloading DDU and reinstalling your GPU drivers?
You can follow this guide to do it:
View: https://youtu.be/FPqUeU09cf8

Also, try to re-seat your GPU and memory

For the past week my computer has been freezing

Is this a new PC build or have you had the PC for a while without issues and it has only started within the past week but was fine before and there has been no changes to the PC at all?
Software Installs, updates, drivers?

If you are hearing the usb connection sound like something is being unplugged / plugged in then it sounds like it could be some sort of driver issue maybe related to your keyboard (however you tried a different mouse and keyboard and had the same issue so that rules that out), do the things above first and see how it goes.

Since the issue is still happening even after re-installing windows it sounds very much like a hardware issue.

Divells

Reputable
Oct 10, 2020
Could you try downloading DDU and reinstalling your GPU drivers?
You can follow this guide to do it:
View: https://youtu.be/FPqUeU09cf8

Also, try to re-seat your GPU and memory

Is this a new PC build or have you had the PC for a while without issues and it has only started within the past week but was fine before and there has been no changes to the PC at all?
Software Installs, updates, drivers?

If you are hearing the usb connection sound like something is being unplugged / plugged in then it sounds like it could be some sort of driver issue maybe related to your keyboard (however you tried a different mouse and keyboard and had the same issue so that rules that out), do the things above first and see how it goes.

Since the issue is still happening even after re-installing windows it sounds very much like a hardware issue.
It’s at the point where when I turn my pc on its just permanently black screens. And both my monitors say no signal.