Question Pc randomly rebooting problem

Sep 18, 2019
Hello so just recently ive been having this problem where when im playing a game or loading a game my pc will randomly reboot no noise or anything just reboot so then my first thought was to check event viewer and i got a Kernel-Power 41 but when i checked the bug check code it was 0 so that was weird im trying to find some help to understand what the problem is i wasnt having any issues for 3 weeks till now

PC specs
GPU- RTX 2060
CPU- ryzen 5 3600x
PSU - corsair cx550m
mobo- Asrock ab350 Pro4
ram- 2x4 corsair ddr4 and 2x8 corsair ddr4 (same model)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Kernel-Power 41 but when i checked the bug check code it was 0
This just simply means that the PC rebooted unexpectedly. And indicates nothing about the cause of the problem itself, just that the cause is causing reboots, which of course, you know by your black screen!

ram- 2x4 corsair ddr4 and 2x8 corsair ddr4 (same model)
It may be worth removing one of the module packs, as unfortunately even if they are the same model, there is no guaranteed compatibility, and it could potentially be a conflict. I would suspect something else first, but this is an easy one to test, and it's not unheard of for mixed RAM modules to cause these problems.

Equally if you are running any overclock or DOCP, I would disable it and retest.
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
How long have you had the PSU?

Usually based on when the reboots are occurring, you would likely suspect PSU or GPU, as effectively when you load up a game for example, the GPU draws a sudden large amount of power from the PSU, in some scenarious (say when a PSU is poor quality or faulty) it can trigger protective features and cause it to shut off to prevent damage. Ergo = Random reboot.

So following the above recommendations, i would also see if you have a spare GPU/PSU you can use to test.

Sep 18, 2019
This just simply means that the PC rebooted unexpectedly. And indicates nothing about the cause of the problem itself, just that the cause is causing reboots, which of course, you know by your black screen!

It may be worth removing one of the module packs, as unfortunately even if they are the same model, there is no guaranteed compatibility, and it could potentially be a conflict. I would suspect something else first, but this is an easy one to test, and it's not unheard of for mixed RAM modules to cause these problems.

Equally if you are running any overclock or DOCP, I would disable it and retest.
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
How long have you had the PSU?

Usually based on when the reboots are occurring, you would likely suspect PSU or GPU, as effectively when you load up a game for example, the GPU draws a sudden large amount of power from the PSU, in some scenarious (say when a PSU is poor quality or faulty) it can trigger protective features and cause it to shut off to prevent damage. Ergo = Random reboot.

So following the above recommendations, i would also see if you have a spare GPU/PSU you can use to test.
Ive just now started using the psu its been a spare ive bought a while ago but just now started using it, and my gpu i just got in 3 weeks ago because my other one came bad, the crashing seemed to happen after i got a blue snowball microphone and installed voice meeter thats when the crashing started, also my cpu is only a couple weeks old aswell

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ive just now started using the psu its been a spare ive bought a while ago but just now started using it, and my gpu i just got in 3 weeks ago because my other one came bad, the crashing seemed to happen after i got a blue snowball microphone and installed voice meeter thats when the crashing started, also my cpu is only a couple weeks old aswell
What was wrong with your original GPU?
Do you have another PSU to test?
Have you uninstalled and removed the microphone?

Do you have stop error Blue Screens enabled? If so, check using this quick guide here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/ as if you are having reboots that are power related, they are different to stop error reboots, but if you don't have blue screens enabled, then it will just appear to be a reboot.

Sep 18, 2019

Do you have stop error Blue Screens enabled? If so, check using this quick guide here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/ as if you are having reboots that are power related, they are different to stop error reboots, but if you don't have blue screens enabled, then it will just appear to be a reboot.
The original GPU came bad purple artifacts everywhere and was stuck in the lowest resolution
and i had another rose will 550 watts psu i used for this pc but it went bad ive removed the mic and it dosnt have any drivers havnt had any crashes yet but i also havnt played any games yet ill update you on any crashes and im pretty sure blue screens is enabled because my last problem i had when i install the wrong ryzen master program for my cpu it was only bsod and i fixed that issue i did recently remove my second pc fan because my motherboard is only able to control 1 fan speed not the other so it was very loud i dont know if that has anything to do with it or not but there isn't any overheating issues

Sep 18, 2019

So the problem was the 8 gig of ram was bad i took it out and no crashes thanks for the help