Question PC Randomly reboots while playing

Jan 22, 2020
My build
I5-6600k 4.1ghz + Hyper 212 EVO
EVGA GTX 970 4gb
16 GB RAM 2400Mhz
1x 1TB SATA 7.2k
1x SSD 250 GB

My PC reboots randomly while playing some heavy games such as Shadow of Mordor, GTA V or Skyrim.
I checked my temps while gaming and they vary from 50-55ºC in case of the CPU, and my GPU goes up to 80ºC (a bit hot, i know).
Could it be my PSU? its some generic 600w unit. (i dont really know much about PSUs)
Will a Corsair CX450 be enough for my build ? or could you recommend me some other for the same price ? I don't plan to upgrade on the near future and i can't bought anything better than this since it's getting out of my budget (thank you thirdworld country).

Jan 22, 2020
Thank you for your answer but as i mentioned i live in a 3rd world country and i couldn't find that PSU on any site here. Is the CM MWE 500w unit any good?

Thank you for your answer but as i mentioned i live in a 3rd world country and i couldn't find that PSU on any site here. Is the CM MWE 500w unit any good?
There are several CM MWE models available and some are better than others.
The CM MWE Gold are very good, the CM MWE 600W Bronze are good but the CM MWE 500W Bronze are just OK.
Post site vendors and / or PSU manufacturers available in your country.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019

Before you crucify your psu for being the issue, (could be other things) first check the voltages, you can either check via your BIOS or via HWInfo (not as accurate)

BIOS : When booting up PC spam F8 / Delete key, (if those don't work, spam F12 or any other F keys till it works), go to the advanced section and report your voltages back here, (12v, 5v & 3.3v)

HWInfo: Download the program off hw info . com, install it and launch it up, select "Sensors Only" and scroll down till you see 12v, 5v & 3.3v values, report them back here.

If your PSU is the issue, take a look at this PSU Tier List, pretty self explanatory.
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40/

Now i know your in a third world country, but please look through this list and try and locate a psu that's atleast Tier C and above online or in stores.

You probably don't know this, but the most important part of a pc is the PSU, never cheap out on it, and make sure if your gonna get a psu, get the right wattage, i'd recommend 550w for possible upgrades in the future, but 450w will work for now.

Good luck man.