Question Pc randomly restarts without a blue screen.

Mar 5, 2021
Hey very recently my PC has started a couple times a day randomly restarting without a blue screen or anything, it seems to occur almost at random.

My specs.
-Gigabyte B450M Ds3H ,(Socket AM4/B450/DDR4/S-ATA 600/Micro ATX)
-AMD Ryzen 5 3600
-Corsair 16GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
-Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060
-Kingston 240GB SSD
-1TB HDD.
-550W Corsair PSU.

Note: Nothing is overclocked and I have fresh installed Windows a couple times but the problem persists.

The problem seems to happen randomly I can be playing a game that puts strain on my hardware like AAA games or just browsing the web, I still encounter the same problem, the pc freezes I hear a sort of static click and then the screen goes black for a few seconds and the system restarts, seemingly normally with no error message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :).

Mar 5, 2021
model of this corsair psu?
cpu/gpu temp during the game?
The model of the PSU is "Corsair CP-9020103-UK CX Series CX650M ATX/EPS Semi Modular 80+ Bronze"

As for the temperatures I'm not home at the moment but will be able to get you them in a little bit, if it's any help right now my pc to the touch doesn't seem very hot when it does these restarts. (Sorry if that sounds silly).

Mar 5, 2021
Huh I’m on the forums for the same reason with very similar specs, 5700 at instead of a 2060 and a b450 thomahawk max. Other than that we have identical systems and I’ve been having the same issue and cannot figure it out. At first I thought could be temp because I use the stock cooler but it happens when there is little to no load on the pc as well. Idk but I’m hoping we find a solution it’s become a problem.

Andrewbandrew05

Reputable
Jun 30, 2019
Well looky here. Some fellow kernel power system failure people! This happened with my first PC build and persisted for months and months. I rmaed and/or replaced every single component of my PC except for the case. The answer, a bigger PSU.

Before either of you buy a new PSU however, go through the usual rigamorale of a full four passes of memtest 86 and 1 to 2 hours of both prime95 and furmark. If you get a crash (prime 95 or furmark) then that's your problem not the PSU. (Same goes for memtest but in that case it would be an error.) However, if both prime 95 and furmark crash, then its prob still your PSU as its unlikely that both your CPU and GPU would fail.

Mar 5, 2021
Well looky here. Some fellow kernel power system failure people! This happened with my first PC build and persisted for months and months. I rmaed and/or replaced every single component of my PC except for the case. The answer, a bigger PSU.

Before either of you buy a new PSU however, go through the usual rigamorale of a full four passes of memtest 86 and 1 to 2 hours of both prime95 and furmark. If you get a crash (prime 95 or furmark) then that's your problem not the PSU. (Same goes for memtest but in that case it would be an error.) However, if both prime 95 and furmark crash, then its prob still your PSU as its unlikely that both your CPU and GPU would fail.
So you're suggesting the PSU might be under too much strain?

The system restarting during gaming is often an issue with the PSU. There is a little test you can do. Use MSI Afterburner to reduce the power limit to your graphics card by 15%. Play a game. If it fixes the restarting issue you need to replace the PSU with something better.

Mar 5, 2021
The system restarting during gaming is often an issue with the PSU. There is a little test you can do. Use MSI Afterburner to reduce the power limit to your graphics card by 15%. Play a game. If it fixes the restarting issue you need to replace the PSU with something better.
Okay cheers I'll give it a go.

TRENDING THREADS