Question PC randomly shut down, restart, uninstall Amd drivers itself

tapdig

Commendable
Jun 16, 2019
For months the PC shuts down by itself and uninstalls the video card driver. Sometimes it won't turn on, it makes 1 long 3 short beeps. It opens later, does not shut down for a max of 4 days. I tried the DDU method, bios update, XMP off/on, different rams, I removed the card many times, tried different driver versions. As a result, nothing has changed. I think the card is faulty but I can't be sure. I need your help.

Saphire Rx 580 Nitro+ 8Gb
Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 16 gb (2x8) 3200 mhz ||| Kingston value (8+4)
Corsair vs650
GA-AB350M-D3V (Gigabyte)
win10,win11 (same result)

dump files: https://gofile.io/d/LKLIbx

Last edited:
No. Gigabyte does not make BIOS. Gigabyte, ASUS, ASRock, MSI, EVGA, etc., all use BIOS made by BIOS specific manufacturers like Phoenix, American megatrends, Award, Insyde, etc.

If you are unsure, start it up and watch the screen. It should say who the BIOS manufacturer is somewhere on the screen while the POST process is occurring OR go into the BIOS and usually it is listed at the bottom of the page or on the main BIOS information page.

For example. This ASUS board's BIOS is made by American Megatrends:

w0vRUQl.jpg

tapdig

Commendable
Jun 16, 2019
No. Gigabyte does not make BIOS. Gigabyte, ASUS, ASRock, MSI, EVGA, etc., all use BIOS made by BIOS specific manufacturers like Phoenix, American megatrends, Award, Insyde, etc.

If you are unsure, start it up and watch the screen. It should say who the BIOS manufacturer is somewhere on the screen while the POST process is occurring OR go into the BIOS and usually it is listed at the bottom of the page or on the main BIOS information page.

For example. This ASUS board's BIOS is made by American Megatrends:

w0vRUQl.jpg
Yes, I noticed later, sorry
American Megatrends International, LLC. F51d, 12/13/2021

Turn the power switch off on the back of the power supply and unplug the cord from the PSU.

Take the Kingston memory out and make sure that both of the Corsair memory modules are installed in the A2 and B2 slots, which are the second and fourth slots over from the CPU socket.

Then, remove the graphics card so you can access the CMOS battery. Remove the CMOS battery for FIVE minutes. During that five minutes, press the power button on the front of the case continuously for 20-30 seconds. Reinstall the CMOS battery.

Reinstall the graphics card. Plus the power supply cable back in. Flip the power switch back on on the back of the power supply.

Do NOT reinstall the Kingston value RAM.

Power on the system and see if it turns on and will POST without any error codes beeping. If so, go into the BIOS and reconfigure any custom settings that you need like fan profiles, boot orders or any other preferred settings including enabling XMP for the memory.

Save settings and exit BIOS and boot into Windows. See if you have any further problems with things set like this.

I suspect this is a problem with incompatibilities between your Kingston RAM, which itself consists of unmatched memory modules and is a problem even if you didn't have the Corsair memory in there with it, and the Corsair memory. Running mixed memory configurations can work sometimes, but it's a crapshoot, and while it's weird that it would affect the graphics driver being uninstalled it is relevant because the error code of one long and three short beeps is specifically a memory related error code. I've seen stranger things happen.

It might be two separate issues in fact, but if it is, might as well resolve one and then move on to the other.

Reactions: Tac 25

tapdig

Commendable
Jun 16, 2019
Turn the power switch off on the back of the power supply and unplug the cord from the PSU.

Take the Kingston memory out and make sure that both of the Corsair memory modules are installed in the A2 and B2 slots, which are the second and fourth slots over from the CPU socket.

Then, remove the graphics card so you can access the CMOS battery. Remove the CMOS battery for FIVE minutes. During that five minutes, press the power button on the front of the case continuously for 20-30 seconds. Reinstall the CMOS battery.

Reinstall the graphics card. Plus the power supply cable back in. Flip the power switch back on on the back of the power supply.

Do NOT reinstall the Kingston value RAM.

Power on the system and see if it turns on and will POST without any error codes beeping. If so, go into the BIOS and reconfigure any custom settings that you need like fan profiles, boot orders or any other preferred settings including enabling XMP for the memory.

Save settings and exit BIOS and boot into Windows. See if you have any further problems with things set like this.

I suspect this is a problem with incompatibilities between your Kingston RAM, which itself consists of unmatched memory modules and is a problem even if you didn't have the Corsair memory in there with it, and the Corsair memory. Running mixed memory configurations can work sometimes, but it's a crapshoot, and while it's weird that it would affect the graphics driver being uninstalled it is relevant because the error code of one long and three short beeps is specifically a memory related error code. I've seen stranger things happen.

It might be two separate issues in fact, but if it is, might as well resolve one and then move on to the other.

I will try what you said now and if there is any problem again, I will write to the post again. However, I had done a CMOS reset before, but not with the steps you said, I just took the battery out and waited.

Let me tell you so there is no mistake. I don't mix Corsair and Kingston rams together. I was just using an old ram for testing purposes. On the other hand, some people told me that there might be a problem because of the XMP profile. That's why I chose to stay in the old rams for a while. The motherboard only has 2 ram slots anyway, it would be silly to mix it up. I want to upgrade my motherboard but not for now. Do you think it could be a motherboard problem? I'd like to know if you can think of any other reason. Thank you

I think there's a good chance your problem is that VS model power supply.

Just about every person who has ever come here with problems and had a VS power supply, ended up being the power supply. They are particularly problematic for being a Corsair branded product.

It's definitely possible that the problem is the motherboard though. That's always on the table, especially when running an older chipset board like B350 with newer Ryzen models. But since you have the latest BIOS version it wouldn't be due to that, but it's possible there is just a problem with the board and definitely that just happens sometimes.

tapdig

Commendable
Jun 16, 2019
I think there's a good chance your problem is that VS model power supply.

Just about every person who has ever come here with problems and had a VS power supply, ended up being the power supply. They are particularly problematic for being a Corsair branded product.

It's definitely possible that the problem is the motherboard though. That's always on the table, especially when running an older chipset board like B350 with newer Ryzen models. But since you have the latest BIOS version it wouldn't be due to that, but it's possible there is just a problem with the board and definitely that just happens sometimes.

I don't know what the problem might be uninstalling the video card driver. If I am sure of the source of the problem, I would like to make changes accordingly. I'm not sure about any of them so it confuses me a lot.

tapdig

Commendable
Jun 16, 2019
That vs650 PSU is bd news as Darkbreeze said above.

There are many threads with system issues in a large majority of them the culprit turned out to be the subpar PSU.
I'm going to replace the PSU and plan to get the SSR-650FX instead. but I'm curious about the fact that why the GPU driver uninstall itself?

tapdig

Commendable
Jun 16, 2019
What driver is being installed and uninstalled? What driver have you been installing?
GPU Driver. I spoke to someone on Reddit, and it's been happening to him recently too. amdkmdag.sys was showing up in my dump file. Whatever it is. When I look at google, this happens to other people as well. All different hardware. Maybe this is software-related. I ask AMD but they don't answer. When the pc is turned on, the driver does not uninstall as if, I think OS disable it. Because once I looked in the device manager, there was a yellow (!) under the GPU name. but WHY?

Yes, I know we are talking about the GPU driver. I mean, WHICH driver? Are you getting it from the card manufacturer's website? From the Nvidia website? Are you using the native Windows driver? Some other driver? Is it the latest version or an older version?

Are you using licensed copies of Windows 10 and/or 11 or shady versions of them?

Also, go into your BIOS and make sure that PCI/PEG is set as the primary graphics adapter and that it isn't set to the integrated graphics by default. That shouldn't matter, since there is no iGPU on that CPU anyhow, but just check to be sure.

tapdig

Commendable
Jun 16, 2019
From AMD's own website. I tried it as optional and recommended. I also tried with DDU. Windows licensed. I turned off the Windows update and reinstalled the driver again. It's been 5 hours, no problem so far. Tomorrow I'll probably have the same <Mod Edit>.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you still have the same thing happen, try this:

tapdig

Commendable
Jun 16, 2019
Also, do me a favor and do this as well, first in fact.

Open your start menu and find the search or run box. Type in "winver" without the quotes. Hit enter. In the box that pops up tell me what version is listed.

Version 21H2 (OS Build 22000.493)

I turned off windows auto-updates by the way