Question PC reboots all the time

Apr 17, 2019
I'll make it short: 1. System was working well. 2. Tried to install new graphics card -> that didn't work 3. Put the original graphics card back in (might have hit the mainboard a little) -> PC did not work anymore

When i press the power button I hear the POST beep. After that it seems to try loading the bios but its just an empty window with almost no information. A few seconds later the system reboots automatically in a loop. This is only seen when connected to the gpu. When I connect the monitor to the inernal DVI I don't see anything.

Also tried CMOS reset multiple times.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019
as its rebooting multiple times what does the short text say?
when you reset the bios did you set the drive load order?
There is no short text. This it what it looks like shortly before the reboot.
ccryc6xx.png

I have to mention that only sometimes the system comes that far. Most times i dont see anything before the reboot. I can't access bios so i cant set the boot order.

Apr 17, 2019
how have you been resetting the bios?
when you pulled the gpu and replac4ed it did you make sure everything else was properly connected including atx leads and sata power?
I did remove the battery for up to 10 min and also the CMOS jumper. Everything should be connected fine. I disconnected the hdd to have better access for the gpu change. Put it back in afterwards.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2019
try to boot it with only the os drive on and 1 stick of ram and removegpu from board use onborad to see if you have picture also since board have 2 pci-e slot i would try same thing with gpu in second slot and monitor plug to it .
I've already tried all of that. Does not change anything. Tested also with both RAM seperatly. If I accedantly left the power on during change of gpu could that be the reason?

sounds like you havent cleared it properly.
put the battery back in
this time turn the pc off at the wall and short the jumper while theres still residual current in the motherboard.
meaning you will have about 10 seconds (give or take depending on howmany led's are on it) to short that jumper.
short it for 1 second.
turn the pc back on.

Apr 17, 2019
sounds like you havent cleared it properly.
put the battery back in
this time turn the pc off at the wall and short the jumper while theres still residual current in the motherboard.
meaning you will have about 10 seconds (give or take depending on howmany led's are on it) to short that jumper.
short it for 1 second.
turn the pc back on.
When I did that, the LED flashed shortly but now I cannot even turn on the computer anymore