[SOLVED] PC Restarting and Not Booting

Sep 9, 2020
Hi guys,

Been having this problem for a little while now. My PC runs perfectly and then just restarts on me every so often, most times it restarts and comes back on like normal, however, on the odd occasion it tries to restart but no bios beep and no fans come on, lights on gpu dont come on at all. When this happened originally I reseated the ram and gpu and cmos, I’ve just done that again now but the same problem occurs when I boot up, no bios beep and no fans etc.

(Also when booting normally BIOS beep is 2xShort then 1xLong)

Really frustrating and just looking for some
guidance, sorry if it’s a really easy fix!

Thanks in advance

Solution
I wonder what temps your getting. if it is random on the desktop as well then it is not a temp issue. The way it is looking to me the PSU might be losing it's juice. Although Corsair top notch that brand is budget. GIve us some readings on the voltages. You can do this with HWmonitor free app and give us a screenshot if possible. Also before we say the PSU is the culprit do you ever get BSOD if not I doubt it is the RAM. I think honestly it is the PSU going southward now. 😲🐦🖐🍩👈💯

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

Does the issue crop up when you're idling or when the system is taxed? See if the same happens when you're hovering in BIOS. Speaking of which, how old is the PSU?

Sep 9, 2020
Thanks for this! Sorry about the novice question!

CPU: i5-8400
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370P D3
Ram: HyperX Fury DDR4 16GB
SSD/HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb
GPU: GeForce GTX 980
PSU: Corsair CX750M
Case: Coolermaster

Happens at both times, just seems to be completely random. PSU is fairly old going on about 5 years I’d say maybe older!

Sep 9, 2020
hi! have you tried to put new thermal paste onn the processor and the GPU? most in cases, some devices turn off to avoid any thermal issue. there are many prices for this product, but since you have a modern device, I recommend you checking on Amazon. Actually, I checked and it costs around 13 USD. You would need to check if the old paste is already solid, it means it needs to be replaced as soon as possible, since it is not doing its job cooling the components

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I wonder what temps your getting. if it is random on the desktop as well then it is not a temp issue. The way it is looking to me the PSU might be losing it's juice. Although Corsair top notch that brand is budget. GIve us some readings on the voltages. You can do this with HWmonitor free app and give us a screenshot if possible. Also before we say the PSU is the culprit do you ever get BSOD if not I doubt it is the RAM. I think honestly it is the PSU going southward now. 😲🐦🖐🍩👈💯

Solution