Sep 17, 2024
Hello everyone, i beg you for help.

A month ago my PC started failing on the data transfer speed, at first sight i thought it was my HDD, so I started to backup all my files in the cloud, bought a new 1TB SSD drive and made a fresh windows 10 installation. After that my windows seemed to be fine, but while I was leaving steam downloading heavy games overnight, it restarts itself and leaves me at the login screen, and all the programs and games I had installed were gone.
I did a checkdsk on CMD and other programs and everything seemed to be fine, no errors.
So I decided to try with the RAM, making a test on memtest, checking for the right sockets and that wasn't the problem.
But I bought a new ram and processor just to make sure and upgrade my old 16GB to 32, and my Ryzen 7 1700 to a Ryzen 7 5800x, didn't work.
Now I'm capable to upgrade to w11, but the problem persist, the more I install programs, the more unstable the system becomes or restarts alone while I'm not present casually.
I checked for voltages on my bios, 3 5 and 12v are present in the hardware monitor, checked for dram incompatibility but are ok.
At this point I am desperate, I don't know what else could be, Mobo and psu are my last option, but I want your thoughts for what to do guys, hope you can help me. Bless you all

Those are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
MOBO: Asus b450m-a
RAM: Kingston fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ
GPU: Nvidia 3060
PSU: Cooler master 650 bronze
SSD Kingston 1TB

Sep 17, 2024
Have you tried turning off sleep/hibernate? Type never as the value.

Sleep/hibernation shouldn't restart pc unless psu is unable to sustain very low voltage if system was to enter sleep mode.
Yes I tried turning sleep as never only sleeping monitors, and didn't work, at a random time of the night the PC restart automatically, and when I wake up, I found the system in login screen and super slow performance.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yes I tried turning sleep as never only sleeping monitors, and didn't work, at a random time of the night the PC restart automatically, and when I wake up, I found the system in login screen and super slow performance.

Are you still using the hdd? If are and downloading to it, probably not but just covering this basis, have it not turn off as well, that's in advanced power management.

Might want to have a look at C-states in bios and turn them off.

See @Karadjgne explanation. Im not an expert in C-states and read somewhere precision boost is tied to them so disabling C-states could lower overall boost. Turn them back on if nothing changes.

Trying to see if psu is causing instability while system is idle. With sleep disabled though im not sure the extent and effect of C-states.