Question PC restarts under heavy load

Aug 29, 2022
My specs:
Ryzen 5 5500 - new
RX 6700 XT - new
2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz - new
Zalman ZM700-TX - 700W - 5 years old
MSI B350 GAMING PLUS - 5 years old

Hi, my pc has started restarting itself every time i put it under stress, I tried many games, but every High-end games do the hard restart, all my screens goes black and after like 3 secs pc is starting up. I tried putting it under stress test and it instantly crashes, but if I undervolt gpu from 1200 to 1100 it dont crashes anymore, it crashes after like 50 secs, so I was thinking PSU is faulty, my temps are good, both gpu and cpu, so the faulty one is PSU or Motherboard but I want to have more experienced people to have opinion/ point of view on this. Thanks for any help.

PSU that supplys the power to the computer so could be the PSU that is restarting your computer when its stress and in load to protect itself. Happened to me while ago computer kept restarting even on desktop mode and changed PSU and motherboard and it worked but do think its PSU fault and would not stress it out more. So would suggest since you upgraded to find more better known brand PSU thats an gold or above and dont go with cheapers PSU and go between 850W-1000W PSU because your new GPU needs 550W Recommended on the website plus then you got ram motherboard and cpu so buying new PSU with 850W-1000W will give extra power head room

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022
is Corsair CX750M (2021) good option? its semi modular, 750W 85% efficiency, or should i spent like 20 USD more for Seasonic B12 BC-850 Bronze - 850W but still bronze
or I have option to by EVGA 850W Bronze too but its modular.