[SOLVED] PC Restarts Under load

Jul 4, 2021
Hello!
I was wondering if anyone might have some insight as to what may be happening to my PC it seems to restart while playing games before the video i linked here i played for about 2 and a half hours no problem than it restarted, once it turned back on i started the game back up and i decided to record my temps pc ran the game for about 2 minutes before it restarted temps seem normal right? is there anything i may be able to do to pinpoint the problem

Specs are
MOBO: MSI MPG Z490 Mobo have latest bios
CPU: I7 10700k it is not overclocked at the moment (i have a hyper212 cooling it)
GPU: Nvdia 2080 Super Windforce OC 8gb
RAM: 2x8gb of DDR4 Corsair vengeance ram 3600mhz
HD: 860 samsung ssd
PSU: Corsair CX-M750m 750w
the game that was being played was Skyrim its running at 2560x1440p everything maxed out

Link to Temps Video before restart
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxWSWQZAMlM

Solution
The Hyper212 was considered marginal for cooling a 7700K under load a few years back; that being the case, I honestly doubt it would be sufficient for a 10700K under load. (Certainly not adequate if power limits and boost duration are removed or MCE is enabled)

(Run HWmonitor and CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU for 15 minutes...see what clock speeds and temps are hit under that load, and we will know for sure if the 212 is/is not adequate...)
The Hyper212 was considered marginal for cooling a 7700K under load a few years back; that being the case, I honestly doubt it would be sufficient for a 10700K under load. (Certainly not adequate if power limits and boost duration are removed or MCE is enabled)

(Run HWmonitor and CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU for 15 minutes...see what clock speeds and temps are hit under that load, and we will know for sure if the 212 is/is not adequate...)

Solution
Jul 4, 2021
If all the temps are normal, I think it could be power issue.

You can test with another PSU to clear PSU related problem first.
I was thinking about thi, that psu is not the greatest and it was also a refurbed model (but the only thing available when I was building)

Jul 4, 2021

I will try that ASAP I am just doing the Windows mem test at the moment will post back after the cpu test

Jul 4, 2021

So this was the Results https://ibb.co/LNpjXj0 after 15 minutes of CPU-Z Stress Test Max one of the cores hit was 84c and the pc did not turn off.
The cpu was definitely running hotter during the test than during the game

TRENDING THREADS