[SOLVED] PC Restarts Under load

Jul 4, 2021
Hello!
I was wondering if anyone might have some insight as to what may be happening to my PC it seems to restart while playing games before the video i linked here i played for about 2 and a half hours no problem than it restarted, once it turned back on i started the game back up and i decided to record my temps pc ran the game for about 2 minutes before it restarted temps seem normal right? is there anything i may be able to do to pinpoint the problem

Specs are
MOBO: MSI MPG Z490 Mobo have latest bios
CPU: I7 10700k it is not overclocked at the moment (i have a hyper212 cooling it)
GPU: Nvdia 2080 Super Windforce OC 8gb
RAM: 2x8gb of DDR4 Corsair vengeance ram 3600mhz
HD: 860 samsung ssd
PSU: Corsair CX-M750m 750w
the game that was being played was Skyrim its running at 2560x1440p everything maxed out

Link to Temps Video before restart
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxWSWQZAMlM

Solution
The Hyper212 was considered marginal for cooling a 7700K under load a few years back; that being the case, I honestly doubt it would be sufficient for a 10700K under load. (Certainly not adequate if power limits and boost duration are removed or MCE is enabled)

(Run HWmonitor and CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU for 15 minutes...see what clock speeds and temps are hit under that load, and we will know for sure if the 212 is/is not adequate...)
The Hyper212 was considered marginal for cooling a 7700K under load a few years back; that being the case, I honestly doubt it would be sufficient for a 10700K under load. (Certainly not adequate if power limits and boost duration are removed or MCE is enabled)

(Run HWmonitor and CPU-Z/bench/stress CPU for 15 minutes...see what clock speeds and temps are hit under that load, and we will know for sure if the 212 is/is not adequate...)

Solution
Jul 4, 2021
If all the temps are normal, I think it could be power issue.

You can test with another PSU to clear PSU related problem first.
I was thinking about thi, that psu is not the greatest and it was also a refurbed model (but the only thing available when I was building)

Jul 4, 2021

I will try that ASAP I am just doing the Windows mem test at the moment will post back after the cpu test

Jul 4, 2021

So this was the Results https://ibb.co/LNpjXj0 after 15 minutes of CPU-Z Stress Test Max one of the cores hit was 84c and the pc did not turn off.
The cpu was definitely running hotter during the test than during the game