Question Pc restarts when opening or playing some games .

Mattotk

Commendable
Dec 17, 2021
Hello there, first of all, thanks for reading, and possibly providing any info about the possible cause of the problem.

2 days ago I opened a football game, Efootball 2024 and my pc simply shutdown and restarted, no bluescreen, so I checked Event viewer and noticed the Kernel power error 41, after the pc restarted I opened the game again, and the problem persisted.

I tried to fix it by doing the next:

Checking Windows health by using Sfc Scannow and Dism, no problems found.

Disconnecting, cleaning and reconnecting everything, drives included, not only didn't work, but also the pc didn't detect the graphic card after doing it, I had to disconnect and reconnect the graphic card twice in order to boot it, all temps were ok.

I ran cpu tests and everything is fine, but when I ran Furmark the pc restarts at the start of the test.

I tried Days gone and it ran well until it reached the menu, Fort-nite runs well even if I max out the graphics.
Tried another drive with a clean system, and the problem persisted.
After returning to my drive, Fort-nite restarted the pc twice, but now its working fine again.

What I find really weird, is the fact that I can play most games just fine, I tried Fort-nite, maxed out the graphics to push the graphic card consumption and it didn't crash, but then I open Efootball and the pc crashes without even getting to the menu, that part had me thinking that it could be Windows, but it wasn't.

So my own bet is the psu, but I can't discard the motherboard and the graphic card just yet, I would say there is a voltage problem, but simply can't figure it out, because I think that playing Fort-nite and other games may require more voltage than simply opening a game, perhaps I'm wrong.

I will test a different motherboard later, just to discard a motherboard failure, please leave a comment with your thoughts.

PC
GPU: RX 6500 XT - max consumption around 80w.
CPU: I3 9100
Mother: Asrock H310CM-HDV
PSU: Newcase p4-600w
16gb ram ddr4 2666mhz 2x8gb.

Last edited:

Mattotk

Commendable
Dec 17, 2021
Hey there,

So, please list your full PC specs, so we can better understand what's going on.

Yes, I think you are correct and it's possible it's te PSU.

Kernal Power 41 error, means the system lost power.
Thanks for the reply.

PC
RX 6500 XT - max consumption around 80w.
I3 9100
Asrock H310CM-HDV
16gb ram ddr4 2666mhz 2x8gb.
Psu Newcase p4-600w

I will test a different motherboard, as soon as possible, I'm really curious about the cause of the problem, why it fails randomly in some cases, while in others it has a 100% fail rate, even if it doesn't seem to work that hard.