Question PC RGB not displaying the right colors (Displays red when setting the RGB to white)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2022
This has been going on for a while now. I have an ASUS B550-A motherboard. When I set my RGB settings to white, my fans and AIO cooler turn their lights to red instead. I tried reconnecting the RGB wires, reinstalling or completely uninstalling Armoury Crate but nothing seems to work. I wanted to see if it were the fans themselves being the problem. I connected each fan one by one directly to the 5 volt 3 pin header of the motherboard and it would turn completely white instead of the pained red. The more fans I connect to the header using 3 pin splitters, the more red it would turn. At first, it would be a light red to an orange hue, then when four or more fans are connected, the fans would turn to a full red. I wanted to see if it was armoury crate's fault so I completely uninstalled the software and installed SignalRGB instead. I set the lights to white again and it would still be red instead of white. Is there something wrong with the motherboard header itself? The only RGB that would cooperate would be the RAM, GPU, and PSU. The PSU is connected to the header using a splitter like the rest of the fans but still remains white instead of the rest of them being red. I am at my wit's end, and I do not seem to know a fix for this. I do not know if I should RMA the motherboard, but I do not know if the motherboard is the problem in the first place.

Images of the RGB being red instead of white and the RGB settings on SignalRGB: View: https://imgur.com/a/Fz13uP0

Status
Not open for further replies.