[SOLVED] PC shuts down when playing games?

difyart

Commendable
Aug 20, 2018
Hello everyone,

Specs:

ASUS Z170 Pro gaming
i7 6700 CPU
cooler is a Corsair H100i v2
GPU Geforce GTX 1080 ti
PSU Corsair HX850i
ram: HyperX Fury (2x, 16GB, DDR4-2133, DIMM 288)

I have this computer since 2016 never had an issue.
A few weeks ago, I had multiple shutdowns due to ASUS ANTI SURGE (I live in a country with a good PowerGrid and it never happened to me).
After a few weeks now i don't even have that message anymore, it just shuts down. kernel error 41, loss of power.
I noticed since that my pc shuts down whenever i do intensive task like gaming, i can brows the web all day long with no issue whatsoever.

What i did up to now:
Cleaned my pc for dust, checked all the cables to see if any thing got loose.
Ran a bunch of tests (memtest, speed fan, no shocking temp or anything else).
Updated all my drivers and win 10.

My money is on the PSU, but as i need this computer for home office, and i do not have a spare PSU to test my theory I want to be sure it is before I send it for RMA which might take more than a month.

Am I right in thinking that it is the PSU or is it something else? Any other test I can do?

Thanks for your help

Lutfij

Titan
If the issue you've stated only happens when you taxed the system, then it's one of two things.
1| You're having a thermal shutdown to protect the system from damage
or
2| Your PSU is incapable of delivering power to the entire system when you're taxing it.

difyart

Commendable
Aug 20, 2018
If the issue you've stated only happens when you taxed the system, then it's one of two things.
1| You're having a thermal shutdown to protect the system from damage
or
2| Your PSU is incapable of delivering power to the entire system when you're taxing it.

Hello Lutfij,

So i got my hands on a brand new PSU, and low and behold...the problem persists, I have no idea what to do now :(, every website I dind seems to say the exact same things