Question PC shutting down at 95c

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

punkncat

Splendid
Ambassador
Almost assuredly the SATA is for power while the fan headers are for speed. I was unable to find the install manual on the manufacturer website, so cannot confirm but would try hooking it up as well and see what goes on.

7medd

Commendable
Nov 14, 2020
Extremely unlikely but there is a plastic cover on the bottom of the metal surface of the cooler some pple forget to remove it.

Or maybe try your old cooler to rule out a faulty cpu

Last edited:
Reactions: white.a.drew

shottyjotty

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
i am assuming the same thing i dont think the pump is plugged in
That would be incredibly odd (and the fact that there's a SATA header belies that notion, plus the description on their site implies that PWM connection is for fans only).

One easy way to tell if it makes sense: can you find a wire that goes between the fans and the pump? It won't be through the liquid tubing.

And the fact is, the behavior suggests a pump that isn't running.
i am assuming the same thing i dont think the pump is plugged in

Okay, my bad. 🤦‍♂️just spent a couple hours taking things apart. So there was another 3pin connecter at the end of the cable down where the ARGB is and I completely mistook it for a VDG connector and cable tied it up, as the other 2 ARGB cables have VDG's on them.

Was not clear in the instructions or any of the videos I watched, but otherwise completely my fault. I'm new to AIOs but I should have known better.

Problem solved! Now maxing out at 50c in bios. Not great but not bad, it's a lot quieter that's for sure.

Thanks for all the help anyway!

At least you figured it out. And that's not bad. I think my 5900x stays around 72 or so under full load of cinebench r23. As long as you aren't throttling that's the thing. The 5800x should serve you well for a couple of years or so anyway. I have a 6700xt but I may upgrade my gpu one more time before doing a platform update.

shottyjotty

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
At least you figured it out. And that's not bad. I think my 5900x stays around 72 or so under full load of cinebench r23. As long as you aren't throttling that's the thing. The 5800x should serve you well for a couple of years or so anyway. I have a 6700xt but I may upgrade my gpu one more time before doing a platform update.
I'm running with a 5700xt. Didnt realise I was being bottlenecks a lot by my CPU. Getting way better frame rates now.

It's my only upgrade before I get an AM5 board, probably when the next chipset comes out. I'm happy with the performance I've got for now.

Many thanks again.

ASK THE COMMUNITY