Question PC still works after shutdown

Apr 1, 2024
For 2 months I have had a problem that even though I turn off the computer, it works for about 5 minutes and then turns off. If I turn it off using the power supply button on the back and then turn it on, it still starts up, only holding the button on the front of the case turns the computer off. It is very possible that the Corsair VS650 power supply is the culprit because it is already 5 years old

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What's the rest of your specs? VS is the low end of Corsair, an ok psu for a non gaming machine and it's 3yr warranty period which you're well over. I think it's time to replace.

Apr 1, 2024
What's the rest of your specs? VS is the low end of Corsair, an ok psu for a non gaming machine and it's 3yr warranty period which you're well over. I think it's time to replace.
Motherboard MSI Z390-A PRO
CPU I5-9400F
GPU Radeon RX 7900 GRE previous GTX 1660
RAM 2x8 16GB 3200 Mhz
PSU Corsair VS650
I know this PSU is too weak for this GPU because this Radeon is a reflection of the RTX 4070 TI but I bought it at the beginning of March and the problems started at the end of April. Probably the motherboard is not receiving the shutdown notification from the power supply. I will add that this only happens when I play games something during the day, when I am not playing any game, the computer shuts down normally