[SOLVED] Pc stopped booting all of a sudden.

Dasa94

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Hi.

I was using my computer normally when i got a notification that power surge detected and that the USB wasnt getting enough power. I turned it off and tried to restart it but i get a American Megatrends screen. The is a bunch of information there like the devices connected etc.

I searched online and tried to follow the instructions like to check which USB device is malfunctioning and I think its the Keyboard. Next i tried to remove every USB and only connected my Mouse to see how that worked. I got the same screen again which had the list like:
USB devices total: 0 drive, 1 keyboard, 1 mouse, 0 hub.

USB Devices over current status detected!!
System shutting down in 15 seconds!

Even tho i didnt have a keyboard connected it still said 1 keyboard. When i tired it with nothing connected it said:

USB devices total: 0 drive, 0 keyboard and 0 mouse.
USB Devices over current status detected!!
NO keyboard detected!
System shutting down in 15 seconds!

So far i've removed the front panel connectors as i read somewhere but that didnt help me. So im just looking for more things to try now.
Thanks in advance.

PS my pc specs are
i7 7700k
Asus Z270 Mark 1
16 GB TridentZ
Samsung 500gb ssd.
2 TB harddrive.

Generic keyboard and Logitech G502 mouse.

Solution
Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Reseat all cards, connectors, RAM, and jumpers to ensure they are fully and firmly in place.

Try booting again. If normal boot fails, then try Safe Mode.

Dasa94

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Make and model PSU? Wattage, age, condition?

Will the pc boot into Safe Mode?
It's a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650 Fx
Also I forgot to mention my graphics card is Sapphire Rx580. The system is around 2 years old. Also it won't boot as I only see the Asus logo and the it immediately shows the American Megatrends page with the error. I've tried going in the bios too but no luck there.