Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
APU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400g
Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk
RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz
SSD: Kingston 240gb
PSU: Cooler master 550w
Case: Corsair spec 01

So I built this pc almost a year ago. Worked fine initially for 1 month. Then I noticed some issues while booting. Sometimes it wont post, nothing on the screen not even motherboard splash screen. EZ debug VGA led was lit. If I click reset button then it posts and boots. But after a few more days it stopped working completely. I also tried booting with an old graphic card, didn't work.

Then I gave it to local pc repair guys they said there was some issue with the motherboard. It was under warranty so I got it replaced. Then it worked well for like 3 months. After that same posting and booting issue. And now its dead again.

So my guess is that there must be some problem with the PSU which slowly kills the motherboard. Or maybe the case is conducting electricity or has static charge that affects the motherboard overtime.

So my question is how can I troubleshoot something like this? I don't want it to break again if I get it fixed.

Solution
Use Reliability History and Event Viewer to look for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events being recorded.

Power down, unplug, open the case. Clean out dust & debris if necessary.

Reseat all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers.

Try a new CMOS battery.

Ralston18

Titan
Use Reliability History and Event Viewer to look for any error codes, warnings, or even informational events being recorded.

Power down, unplug, open the case. Clean out dust & debris if necessary.

Reseat all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers.

Try a new CMOS battery.

Reactions: milan619
Solution