[SOLVED] PC stuck in a booting loop when using 4 sticks of ram that used to worked

Jun 19, 2021
So I have this old PC
Intel i7 4770
GTX 1070
Asus Z97-P motherboard
PSU Segotep sg-500a
and I used to have 16gb ddr 3 memory form HyperX Beast at 1600Mhz(I bought 2 sets of 2 so in total 4 sticks). Now, for some reson one day it decided that it should not work anymore and my PC started powering on for 3 sec then turing off, doing it in a loop until I unplug the power cable. I tried switching the ram around and it work but then after a month or two it started doing it again. So I tried doing the same thing but it started just working on it's own after 2-3 days. Eventually it broke again and I only managed to make it work with 3 sticks and I didn't have any problems since(about 6 months now). I just wanna understand what is going on with this PC and if there is anything I can do. Is it a motherboard problem ? Ram ? or something else ? I wanna fix it because even though I will get a new one in the future, that upgrade might be 1-2 years away, so 16 gb ram will help me alot if I can fix it. Ty for reading my problem and I hope I was clear enough.

Solution
So I have this old PC
Intel i7 4770
GTX 1070
Asus Z97-P motherboard
PSU Segotep sg-500a
and I used to have 16gb ddr 3 memory form HyperX Beast at 1600Mhz(I bought 2 sets of 2 so in total 4 sticks). Now, for some reson one day it decided that it should not work anymore and my PC started powering on for 3 sec then turing off, doing it in a loop until I unplug the power cable. I tried switching the ram around and it work but then after a month or two it started doing it again. So I tried doing the same thing but it started just working on it's own after 2-3 days. Eventually it broke again and I only managed to make it work with 3 sticks and I didn't have any problems since(about 6 months now). I just wanna understand what is going on...
So I have this old PC
Intel i7 4770
GTX 1070
Asus Z97-P motherboard
PSU Segotep sg-500a
and I used to have 16gb ddr 3 memory form HyperX Beast at 1600Mhz(I bought 2 sets of 2 so in total 4 sticks). Now, for some reson one day it decided that it should not work anymore and my PC started powering on for 3 sec then turing off, doing it in a loop until I unplug the power cable. I tried switching the ram around and it work but then after a month or two it started doing it again. So I tried doing the same thing but it started just working on it's own after 2-3 days. Eventually it broke again and I only managed to make it work with 3 sticks and I didn't have any problems since(about 6 months now). I just wanna understand what is going on with this PC and if there is anything I can do. Is it a motherboard problem ? Ram ? or something else ? I wanna fix it because even though I will get a new one in the future, that upgrade might be 1-2 years away, so 16 gb ram will help me alot if I can fix it. Ty for reading my problem and I hope I was clear enough.
Get a copy of memtest86 and put it on a flash stick.
Boot it up and test.....no errors allowed.
You could have a bad stick of ram or bad contact with a ram stick and the slot.
Use memtest to swap things around and see if you can make any sense of things.

Solution