Question PC Stutter and Freeze for months now

Jun 30, 2024
I recently built my own pc about 2.5 months ago and it ran fine for a while until I noticed stuttering when dragging windows around and opening and closing certain programs such as steam would cause my cursor and said program to freeze for a few seconds. I noticed that a restart of the pc along with the program itself would eliminate it from the freeze until the next boot after the pc was shut off for a while, this doesn't seem to apply to the windows being dragged however.

My games for the most part seem to run fine although I mostly play games that load a ton of shaders, So I cant really speak to game performance and this odd Stutter/Freeze being connected at all.

My specs are
-AMD 7600x
-4070 Super FE
-Corsair DDR5 6000mhz CL30 RAM
-WD Black Sn850x 1 TB and 2 TB
-Corsair RM1000e PSU
-MSI Mag Tomahawk b650

So what have I tried to do to fix this
- Swapped Platforms from AMD to Intel
-Swapped out Ram/CPU/GPU/SSD/PSU
-Changed my surge protector (Thought perhaps the one I was using went bad and pc didnt get enough power idk)
-Swapped out Monitors and tried using only one monitor
-Reinstalled Windows about 10 times
-Reinstalled drivers/DDU
-Tested to see if it was there on a base windows install with no other software present
-Tested Ram with Memtest and other components with OCCT
-Checked for thermal throttling
-Unplugged everything in USB slots except kb&m
-Turned off EXPO and turned it on
-Disabled HAGS
-Set gpu to prefer maximum performance

heres a video of the window drag stutter -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNdb-PlJlcs

Jun 30, 2024
I'm not even sure I see the problem. You had this "issue" with two entirely different PCs?
With the amount of components ive swapped out yeah id say 2 different pcs. The issue is that stutter at the end of the video while moving task manager. It happens with other programs not just task manager.

The other issue as said was the opening or closing of programs causing a freeze of that particular program and cursor for a few seconds before going back to normal. Ex. being when I first turn my pc on in the morning after it being shut off overnight and I open steam my pc will freeze making my mouse unable to move until a few seconds after it has loaded. Other instances of this have been just simply selecting things in the settings app causing the same exact freeze.

Perhaps im crazy and this stuff is normal but I haven't noticed it on any other pcs I have owned.