Question Pc suddenly blacked screened and cpu light lighting up

Mar 27, 2021
I had this pc build for like 5 weeks almost next thing you know it ends up suddenly turning off after I updated drivers and the cpu light started dimming and the mouse and keyboard stopped working as well, I tried moving the ram, changing my hdmi and putting it into the motherboard instead of the gpu and unplugging everything and putting It back in the parts that I have are

gpu msi rx580 4gb

power supply cooler master mwe 550w white

ryzen 5 3600 cpu

motherboard msi 550 gaming plus

Corsair vengeance rgb pro 8gb x2

montech x1 case

D

Deleted member 14196

"power supply cooler master mwe 550w white"

i think this might be part of, if not the issue. the psu guru's around here may not like it.

Cooler Master may have some good units, but this might not be one of them. Guru's here will most likely be able to assist further if necessary.

Can you borrow a psu to test with?

Mar 27, 2021
"power supply cooler master mwe 550w white"

i think this might be part of, if not the issue. I know the psu guru's around here won't like it.
That’s what I’m thinking as well the power supply would not be able to handle it what brand of power supplies is good?

Powerdraw of the system is about 300w max. No problem for a MWE White V2 550w.

Update MB bios.

What are the ram settings?

What's exact model and version number of the ram? There's B/C/D/E or Z in the model number and version like 4.24, 5.32, 5.39 for example.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

EVGA makes some good ones, Seasonic 80+ rated ones are typically good. Each manufacturer can have bad units, I would let the psu experts here answer.

Mar 27, 2021
Update MB bios.

What are the ram settings?

What's exact model and version number of the ram? There's B/C/D/E or Z in the model number and version like 4.24, 5.32, 5.39 for example.
CMW16GX4M2D3000C16 I don’t know what the version was but if it has something to do with updating the ram I never did and I should try to update the motherboards bios?

Mar 27, 2021
EVGA makes some good ones, Seasonic 80+ rated ones are typically good. Each manufacturer can have bad units, I would let the psu experts here answer.
Also right after it suddenly blacked out my motherboard debug light for the cpu popped up every fan is working perfectly fine everything turns on