[SOLVED] PC suddenly could not turn on

Kimber Ker

Commendable
May 13, 2020
Last night, my pc was working. Today morning when I pressed my power button on my pc, it did not turn on and nothing happened.

I did the paperclip test on my PSU and the fan spinned but when i pressed the power button, my fan did not spin.

I hold onto the power button for a few seconds. There is a blink blue LED on my MSI Z97 Gaming 3 motherboard, near the JBAT1JCI1.

This is my specs:
Intel i7-4790(1150)
MSI H97 GAMING 3
G Skill Ripjaws-X 12800/1600MHZ CL9 8GBX2(16GB)
W.D 1TB BLUE 64MB 3.5" SATA3 HHD
MSI GTX 760 2GB TWUB FROZR O.C PCI-E
Thermal Take Smart SE 730W Bronze PSU

Solution
it's possible, though not likely, your issue has to do with the power button on your case or the wires that go from it to the motherboard front panel header. Have you tried jump starting the PC? Plenty of videos online on how to do that. Basically you need to short the 2 PWR pins on your front panel header on your motherboard.
Hello and welcome :)

I see you have tried the paperclip method, while it shows that the psu works, it puts no load on your PSU
Can you lend/steal/get another PSU to test your whole system with? This will save you a TON of troubleshooting
by just knowing that the PSU is out of the equasion

Kimber Ker

Commendable
May 13, 2020
Hello and welcome :)

I see you have tried the paperclip method, while it shows that the psu works, it puts no load on your PSU
Can you lend/steal/get another PSU to test your whole system with? This will save you a TON of troubleshooting
by just knowing that the PSU is out of the equasion
if the other power supply unit is a smaller watt, is that fine?

it's possible, though not likely, your issue has to do with the power button on your case or the wires that go from it to the motherboard front panel header. Have you tried jump starting the PC? Plenty of videos online on how to do that. Basically you need to short the 2 PWR pins on your front panel header on your motherboard.

Last edited:
Solution