[SOLVED] PC temperature too high!

Ed.Mush

Prominent
Nov 19, 2019
Hello everyone! So, like the title says, my PC is burning HOT! I'm gonna post my specs first:

Motherboard - X570 Aorus Elite
GPU - Gigabyte 2080Super
CPU - Ryzen 7 3800x
Memory - 2x16 3200Mhz
Water Cooler Corsair Hydro Series H100I Pro, 240mm
Corsair 750W 80 Plus Bronze CX750
mECYSHF.jpeg

On idle, the temperatures of my CPU an GPU are equal on 40ºC but when I start a game, no matter the graphics and/or resolution, my CPU goes to 50-65ºC and my GPU jumps to 70-83ºC. Like I said, NO MATTER the game and/or resolution, my GPU always goes above 80ºC easy.
And this is picture from the inside. I also have 3 frontal coolers.
QDnxxwK.jpg

Solution
So, should I put my watercooler on the front side? Wouldn't this be worst?
Which allows for air to more easily pass through?
If the front panel is solid, definitely don't put it there. Leave it at the top, just flip the fans.

Btw, I call it hot because like I said, it goes 80C no matter the game and/or resolution. My previous GPU was a 1070 and I had ZERO problems with this.
Power consumption. More power used = more heat produced.
The 2080 Super has like 65% higher board power limit than the old 1070 did - at least when comparing Founder's Edition models; some aftermarket models had higher power limits, thus used more power.
65% is pretty significant. You need to account for that higher power use with stronger...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Wouldn't call it HOT - that's a pretty typical result... but you choked your gpu.

I don't see many places for the gpu to get fresh air from, and too few places for heat to get out as well - the single exhaust.
From what I can see of the front panel, it looks like a solid wall - so there's your front intake crippled.
Psu shroud is solid.
PCIe slot covers. It's normal for those to be there, but they do further compound the issue.
You've got the H100 positioned as top intake. Not helping when the gpu already dumps its heat in the chassis.

eszed556

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2016
CPU temp is good, GPU is good too but can be better.
Perhaps an a more aggressive fan curve for the GPU would be helpful. Are you on a ultra wide display by any chance? And does your side panel have any cooling?

Ed.Mush

Prominent
Nov 19, 2019
Wouldn't call it HOT - that's a pretty typical result... but you choked your gpu.

I don't see many places for the gpu to get fresh air from, and too few places for heat to get out as well - the single exhaust.
From what I can see of the front panel, it looks like a solid wall - so there's your front intake crippled.
Psu shroud is solid.
PCIe slot covers. It's normal for those to be there, but they do further compound the issue.
You've got the H100 positioned as top intake. Not helping when the gpu already dumps its heat in the chassis.
Btw, I call it hot because like I said, it goes 80C no matter the game and/or resolution. My previous GPU was a 1070 and I had ZERO problems with this.

Ed.Mush

Prominent
Nov 19, 2019
CPU temp is good, GPU is good too but can be better.
Perhaps an a more aggressive fan curve for the GPU would be helpful. Are you on a ultra wide display by any chance? And does your side panel have any cooling?
No, just a regular 1080p monitor. I have a second "monitor" with my tv 55" 4k.
My side panel is a glass door which gets pretty hot sometimes lol

Ed.Mush

Prominent
Nov 19, 2019
CPU temp seems pretty normal.
80 isn't abnormal for a GPU under load.
It's a bit abnormal if it isn't but it shouldn't throttle at 80C regardless.
I don't find 78C under 68% usage all that odd.
Is the machine running OK?
If so I might leave it be.
Yes, everything is working good! Besides the "high temperatures" of course.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Which allows for air to more easily pass through?
If the front panel is solid, definitely don't put it there. Leave it at the top, just flip the fans.

Power consumption. More power used = more heat produced.
The 2080 Super has like 65% higher board power limit than the old 1070 did - at least when comparing Founder's Edition models; some aftermarket models had higher power limits, thus used more power.
65% is pretty significant. You need to account for that higher power use with stronger cooling/chassis airflow.

Solution
ooooooooooooh crap LOL
I'm too lazy for that... Tomorrow morning will be the first thing I'll do. Should I also change the thermal paste of my CPU? It's probably almost a year since the last time I changed :x
I wouldn't change the paste at this point.
I might try to get some more air through the case though.
As you said....it's running fine....and I doubt anything is throttling because your temps aren't that hot.

Ed.Mush

Prominent
Nov 19, 2019
So, I just found out I CAN'T control the fan speed of my 3 frontals, I can only control my top fans.
The CPU_FAN and OPT is working good, but both SYS had no changes. Also, they were all set to manual because it was making soooooooo much wind noise just for nothing. Staying idle was good, opening Opera the fans went crazy. Launching Discord, opening some files or w/e minimal, the fans starts to accelerate for nothing LOL So I had to turn them just a little bit down. They are all back to manual now just for testing and while I'm typing all this, if only I could record the excessive noise it is making just for this...

nA7SejD.jpg