[SOLVED] PC Turn On For 2s Then Off For 2s Then On Again

Feb 15, 2019
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I bought a PC last 2 years. Everything is ok until when I tried new and stuff and experimenting with my PC. My MOBO is Rampage IV Black Edition. I have 1 SSD and 1 HDD connected. There are 3 SATA cable connected all together, SSD, HDD and hard drive.

First, I tried to disconnect the SATA cable from the hard drive then I connected it to the old HDD. I turned on the PC, and it was booting up. It was too long, so I decided to turn it off and put everything back.

Second, I disconnect the SATA cable that is connected to the HDD and attached it to the old HDD. When I turned the PC on it was just for like 2s then it turned off again for 2s. I waited for 5 minutes but still the same. I'm afraid there is wire short. I tried to put everything back to normal but the problem still persists.

I check the cable all is connected properly. I did not hear any blip sound or anything. It was just the fan turning on and off. Every component seem to be working just fine

Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Sounds like you are on the right track - I would completely remove all SATA cables and see if it can POST to the BIOS screen on it's own accord, and then try getting it up and running on a linux live USB like ubuntu.

If you can run the live ubuntu so far so good. Then try to connect your HDD one at a time, and maybe try the different SATA cables and maybe try a new cable if you have one. Would be a good way to isolate the problem.
Sounds like you are on the right track - I would completely remove all SATA cables and see if it can POST to the BIOS screen on it's own accord, and then try getting it up and running on a linux live USB like ubuntu.

If you can run the live ubuntu so far so good. Then try to connect your HDD one at a time, and maybe try the different SATA cables and maybe try a new cable if you have one. Would be a good way to isolate the problem.

Solution
It did not even manage to go to bios mode. I did remove all SATA cables but still the same.

Next thing to do, I'm gonna buy some new cables
Well the first thing you need to resolve, is getting the bare-bones config to POST and get into the BIOS. No point in going any further until you get past this step.

If it were mine and I could not get it to work in the case, I would pull the PSU and motherboard out of the case and try to get it to POST on my bench, with the motherboard sitting on a cardboard box (motherboard boxes are perfect size). Otherwise known as the "external build"