Guitto

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2015
I am having an issue with my new Asus Dual 4070 super GPU white version. I have had this card for about a week and everything works , gaming is better etc. However, today when i was changing my case fans i accidently touched the gpu cable and it started showing a red dot (WATCH THE VIDEO LINK) whenever i touched it, i found this weird, also whenever i turn my pc off, the red light appears and stays on, when pc is on, it often disspaers but now i decided to turn on the PC and see what would happen and i barely touched the cable, the red light appeared and the pc screen went black and restarted? wtf?

I have 2 cables connecet to the gpu so it should be getting enough power. Does anyone know whats wrong and if the card if faulty?

Video short of the issue:
View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sTg3N5kmXpQ

Also, no the card is not sagging or anything, maybe the black cable is faulty?? I never had this issue on my old 3070

PC SPECS:

CPU: Intel Quad Core i5-13600k
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad II LCD SL-INF AIO
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ GPU: RTX 4070 SUPER
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Motherboard: Asus Prime Z790-A
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5 2x16gb 6000mhz
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB + 1TB
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ PSU: Asus ROG Strix 850w
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Case: Lian Li O11D RGB White
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀OP: Windows 11 Pro

Lutfij

Titan
i accidently touched the gpu cable and it started showing a red dot
First off, you shouldn't be touching the cable when the system is powered up. Second, you might want to know that you shouldn't even be managing that cable since the 16pin 12VHPWR connector like that as it's been shown that too tight of a bend can and will ruin the harness an eventually cause it to melt and ruin your GPU.

You should have a harness that is 12VHPWR(that came with your PSU), runs from your PSU to your GPU, use that instead of the adapter and avoid bending the cable/connector/harness.

No, the PSU and GPU are fine, it's the harness/adapter/connector that's compromised IMHO.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
However, today when i was changing my case fans i accidently touched the gpu cable and it started showing a red dot (WATCH THE VIDEO LINK) whenever i touched it
Reason the power was connected to the system when you were working inside of it, is? :rolleyes:
Like, do you really want to fry your system?

ALWAYS disconnect PSU power cable when working inside the PC!

Does anyone know whats wrong and if the card if faulty?
Normal occurrence on some Asus GPUs, which shows that GPU has insufficient power. Which it has, when system is turned off.

Further reading: https://www.oceantele.com/red-light-on-gpu-when-pc-is-off/

ASUS: Many recent models, especially in the RTX 3000 and 4000 series, display a solid red LED when the PC is off. This is considered normal for these cards.

Nothing to worry about it.

Guitto

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2015
i accidently touched the gpu cable and it started showing a red dot
First off, you shouldn't be touching the cable when the system is powered up. Second, you might want to know that you shouldn't even be managing that cable since the 16pin 12VHPWR connector like that as it's been shown that too tight of a bend can and will ruin the harness an eventually cause it to melt and ruin your GPU.

You should have a harness that is 12VHPWR(that came with your PSU), runs from your PSU to your GPU, use that instead of the adapter and avoid bending the cable/connector/harness.

No, the PSU and GPU are fine, it's the harness/adapter/connector that's compromised IMHO.
I didnt get a 12VHPWR cable with the gpu and also the website you sent, the event ended 8 months ago. So i have to use this adapter it came with

Guitto

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2015
Reason the power was connected to the system when you were working inside of it, is? :rolleyes:
Like, do you really want to fry your system?

ALWAYS disconnect PSU power cable when working inside the PC!

Normal occurrence on some Asus GPUs, which shows that GPU has insufficient power. Which it has, when system is turned off.

Further reading: https://www.oceantele.com/red-light-on-gpu-when-pc-is-off/

Nothing to worry about it.
I wasnt. The PC was disconnected and I conntected the psu only later to see if the new fans were working before putting everything back in the case, and i noticed this gpu thing because i accidently touched it.