[SOLVED] PC Turns on but has no display or keyboard/mouse lightning (new mobo and cpu)

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
Dear Tom's Hardware user,

I have been waiting for around 5 months for the new CPU. I purchased the Ryzen 9 9500x. With this CPU i bought the TUF Gaming X570 Wifi and after i plugged everything in it was not working. The pc was giving no display and the keyboard and mouse were not lighting up.

The only thing that it shows when i turn it on is that there is a problem with the dram but this is impossible because i was using it that day before i changed the motherboard and cpu.

These are a couple of things i have tried:

Using one ram stick in all slots

Clearing the bios by taking out the small battery and waiting 5 min

Change the GPU (RX 6800 XT) slot and see if it gives any signs, nothing.

I am still confused as to what is happening and I don't know if something is broken or that the motherboard needs to be flashed or something.

This is a list of all my components.

• Asus Tuf Gaming X570-Plus Wifi - Motherboard
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - Processor
  • Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum - Processor Cooler
  • G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC - Ram Sticks 2x
  • AMD RX 6800 XT - AMD GPU

Now, what is happening at the moment is that every time i turn on the pc, it gives a light om ram problem. I am not sure why but the ram was working normally before i changed the motherboard and CPU to the new one.

The motherboard and CPU i had before are these:

• MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max - Motherboard
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Processor

Does anyone have any idea what this might be and how i can solve this problem? I might as well create a video and show it to you guys. Wanna play games as soon as possible with this new stuff after waiting for 5 months to get it.

"but this is impossible because i was using it that day before i changed the motherboard and cpu."

It is not impossible.
You are using the memory with a different CPU and motherboard.
It may be as simple as....that particular memory isn't compatible with your motherboard and CPU.
Memory can be particular.
That particular memory isn't on the QVL list...not that it has to be....but there's a chance that it's just not compatible.

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
"but this is impossible because i was using it that day before i changed the motherboard and cpu."

It is not impossible.
You are using the memory with a different CPU and motherboard.
It may be as simple as....that particular memory isn't compatible with your motherboard and CPU.
Memory can be particular.
That particular memory isn't on the QVL list...not that it has to be....but there's a chance that it's just not compatible.
I did check the list and the ram code was on there for the mobo, my little brother also bought a new ram and i just tested it but it still gives me the same yellow light meaning ram problems.

This is the code on my ram F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC

I searched it here https://pangoly.com/en/review/asus-tuf-gaming-x570-plus-wi-fi/compatibility/ram

I saw it was on the list with QVL checked.

PiVO 7717

Reputable
Aug 18, 2019
I few months ago I had the same problem with a MSI X570, turns out that the RAM stick sounded as it clicked but in reality it didn't...did you overclocked your Ram? Cause if you did your RAM frequency might not be compatible with the new CPU, Jay might be right. For example my motherboard can automatically OC RAM and CPU if I turn on a boost option and saves it, maybe the Auto OC from yours got saved and the frequency given by that "boost" is not compatible... another question would be... did you update BIOS?

Last edited:

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
I few months ago I had the same problem with a MSI X570, turns out that the RAM stick sounded as it clicked but in reality it didn't...did you overclocked your Ram?
I think i did at a point yes , and i see that both my ram and my little brother new ram are not on the list. This sht sucks i need to buy ram again after wasting around 300 euro to get 32GB DDR4 what a waste.

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
I few months ago I had the same problem with a MSI X570, turns out that the RAM stick sounded as it clicked but in reality it didn't...did you overclocked your Ram?
What do you suggest, get a new mobo instead that supports the ram stick and cpu because that comes out cheaper. But besides that i heard that this motherboard is the best for the new RX 6800 XT and this CPU. What to do suggest and which mobo do i need to get or ram with 32GB.

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
I few months ago I had the same problem with a MSI X570, turns out that the RAM stick sounded as it clicked but in reality it didn't...did you overclocked your Ram? Cause if you did your RAM frequency might not be compatible with the new CPU, Jay might be right. For example my motherboard can automatically OC RAM and CPU if I turn on a boost option and saves it, maybe the Auto OC from yours got saved and the frequency given by that "boost" is not compatible... another question would be... did you update BIOS?
I did OC my ram to the normal speed that was promoted and that was 3600 and about the bios, i dont know how to update it while i cant use the pc. Do i need to use some sort of usb in a specific port or something like that?

PiVO 7717

Reputable
Aug 18, 2019
It brings to my attention the 300 for the RAM... you don't really need that much RAM, I guess you're passed the returning point on it so yes another Mobo would be the cheapest option.... with your latest answer.. put the CPU that you used before the new one, it will turn on as you said you used the pc before, go to the Mobo maker, check for latest BIOs update for that mobo, save it in a clean flash drive, turn off, turn on pc, press f10 f11 f2or Del whatever the key is to get in the mobo options, look for Bios update option select the folder and it will start updating it.

PiVO 7717

Reputable
Aug 18, 2019
I did OC my ram to the normal speed that was promoted and that was 3600 and about the bios, i dont know how to update it while i cant use the pc. Do i need to use some sort of usb in a specific port or something like that?
Try to put another sticks that you might have around, just put one... ok... where you able to use that pc before changing the cpu?

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
Try to put another sticks that you might have around, just put one... ok... where you able to use that pc before changing the cpu?
I was able to use it properly with the B450 motherboard and the Ryzen 7 cpu. My question now is, if i use the Ryzen 7 cpu with the Tuf gaming motherboard would the problem not be the same because the mobo won't recognize the ram?

So changing the cpu only wont change much or am i wrong? i see that the motherboard is what wont accept the ram. I tried other rams but the problem still the same.

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015

I gave most of my old component for my little brother to use so i guess best thing for me to do is get a new motherboard that supports my ram, cpu and gpu.

• AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - Processor
  • G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC - Ram Sticks 2x
  • AMD RX 6800 XT - AMD GPU
Do you have any good motherboard that do support these are that are good for OC like the Tuf Gaming?

PiVO 7717

Reputable
Aug 18, 2019
OK so you used the RAM with the R7 and the B450, the B450 the RAM and the R9 are compatible, update the bios from the B450 using the R7 and after updating switch to the R9that is the best solution for now, that motherboard (X570) has to go if the price is less than the Ram, if the Mobo is cheaper then the RAM has to go, if you can return one of them that would be awesome if not, try to sell it, exchange it, etc.

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
I have a MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WIFI is around $208here in the USA and would do the trick, I could testify lol
Aight thanks bro, are you sure it is compatible with the Ram. I been waiting for 5 months to try this new cpu out so i can just get it now and receive it tomorrow. Then i will talk to the company and tell them that the mobo was not compatible and that i had to wait 5 months for cpu to test it.

And how about overclocking? is it good, i want to overclock for if needed when playing on 4K.

PiVO 7717

Reputable
Aug 18, 2019
https://pangoly.com/en/review/msi-mpg-x570-gaming-edge-wifi

https://pangoly.com/en/review/g-ski...-2x8gb-ddr4-3600mhz/compatibility/motherboard

If you said that the fault is yours, tell them that the mobo was acting up and that your brother or you have another one that doesn't act that badly, reinforce your statement by telling that you are worried that the mobo would damage other components that are more expensive, or you could be honest and tell them that you're be willing to buy a 50 bucks more exchanging the current mobo for one that is compatible with your Ram and CPU

Reactions: RonaldJD

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
https://pangoly.com/en/review/msi-mpg-x570-gaming-edge-wifi

https://pangoly.com/en/review/g-ski...-2x8gb-ddr4-3600mhz/compatibility/motherboard

If you said that the fault is yours, tell them that the mobo was acting up and that your brother or you have another one that doesn't act that badly, reinforce your statement by telling that you are worried that the mobo would damage other components that are more expensive, or you could be honest and tell them that you're be willing to buy a 50 bucks more exchanging the current mobo for one that is compatible with your Ram and CPU
I was also looking at the official website because the first guy that answered told me that there is were i just look.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-X570-GAMING-EDGE-WIFI#support-mem-21

I saw that the code of my ram was there but without the last letter. is that a problem or not?

It shows like this F4-3600C16D-32GTZN and without the last C on it.

i also send them an email telling them that i was waiting 5 months for the cpu to build my pc so its their fault as well. I had to wait 5 months to get the cpu before building my pc with the mobo.

PiVO 7717

Reputable
Aug 18, 2019
If you look at the company's page the Ram doesn't show the last letter, that letter might be assign to identify if it's a (1 stick X16GB) or a (2stickx16gb) or maybe the region where it was sell, maybe a little difference such as the case is white or black, whatever the letter means doesn't affect the important parts or its performance

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
If you look at the company's page the Ram doesn't show the last letter, that letter might be assign to identify if it's a (1 stick X16GB) or a (2stickx16gb) or maybe the region where it was sell, maybe a little difference such as the case is white or black, whatever the letter means doesn't affect the important parts or its performance
Wow, thanks a lot my friend i just bought it. I dont have much knowledge when it comes to this, really thankful you helped me out solve this problem. I bought it today and it will arrive tomorrow. Hopefully, i get to play some games at 4K without having too much lag.

Again thanks a lot. Tomorrow i will let you know if it works or not. You the best!

PiVO 7717

Reputable
Aug 18, 2019
Wow, thanks a lot my friend i just bought it. I dont have much knowledge when it comes to this, really thankful you helped me out solve this problem. I bought it today and it will arrive tomorrow. Hopefully, i get to play some games at 4K without having too much lag.

Again thanks a lot. Tomorrow i will let you know if it works or not. You the best!
My pleasure to help, I've made a thread a while ago about a demanding game, it contains hardware and software info to get the most performance you can, you could read it and maybe there would be something useful you could apply to your set

PiVO 7717

Reputable
Aug 18, 2019

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rzuna7adfE

Also check this video the guy gives you a lot of performance not only for Apex but games in general, good luck and hoping to hear what happened with your build, later pal

RonaldJD

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
I have a MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WIFI is around $208here in the USA and would do the trick, I could testify lol
Brooooooo, Just got it, Put everything together, and it's working. Don't they have anything like donations here for people who help? You answered so quickly and even helped me more than the company I bought it from did. i am truly grateful my friend Thanks a lot. I will now do the things on the video you send me. Thanks again.