PC turns on, but nothing else happens.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 6, 2018
Yesterday, my pc was fine. Last that night the display turned off (like it was in standby) along with my light up keyboard and mouse. Later I discovered after turning my pc off and back on it turned itself off then back on a few seconds later. Still no display or lights from mouse or keyboard.
Was told it was a mother board issue. Now mind you my stuff is old, like 6 years. So replacing my motherboard came with having to replace my i5 3500, and my ddr3. So I got a brand new Asus Prime A230M-A (MB), AMD RYZEN 3 2200G, and viper 8gb ddr4 pc4-21300.
Got home put everything together, and.... the only thing that changed is that it doesn't power off then on again. It's just sits there... running... doing nothing. No beeping. I've tried everything I've seen people recommend on here. Try unplugging different things. Maybe it's the fans... Maybe it's this or that.

Well I'm literally ripping my hair out angry, cause I've wasted all this money and I'm still out my pc. Seriouslly... wtf do I do now? I JUST BOUGHT ALL THIS CRAP BRAND NEW AND IT DOESNT WORK STILL.

Apr 6, 2018

Simply to see what would happen, i plugged my phone into my pc and it started charging like it would normally meaning the usb are working, but for some reason won't work with my mouse or keyboard. Now I'm really confused.

I wouldn't mind exchanging it, but the store I got it from is over an hour away. I might be able to go out there tonight.

Try the mouse and keyboard on the different USB ports including those on the back (motherboard i/o) . There is a possibility that the front connectors aren't connected. Plus, I don't think the motherboard drivers have been installed yet (may account for the USB issues).

Apr 6, 2018
Try the mouse and keyboard on the different USB ports including those on the back (motherboard i/o) . There is a possibility that the front connectors aren't connected. Plus, I don't think the motherboard drivers have been installed yet (may account for the USB issues).

I always plug them into the 2.0 on the motherboard. That's where I plugged my phone in at.

Hopefully with the boot kit from Asus you will be able to update the BIOS the latest BIOS version 3208. Then it should boot normally (theoretically anyway).

The roll out of these processors after the release of the motherboard isn't right. The problem should have been addressed prior to the sale not afterwards.

Aug 4, 2021
Anyone who's having this problem in 2021 or up. Try to see if one of your memory bank isnt working. Mine had that, on the motherboard. Thats why it didn't work. Since mine didn't have a cmos battery and that can also be the problem. (Wasn't for me.)

Just wanted to share for people trying to look for answers and only get weird links :)

Just bring it to a store if you have no other options.

Aug 4, 2021
Anyone who's having this problem in 2021 or up. Try to see if one of your memory bank isnt working. Mine had that, on the motherboard. Thats why it didn't work. Since mine didn't have a cmos battery and that can also be the problem. (Wasn't for me.)

Just wanted to share for people trying to look for answers and only get weird links :)

Just bring it to a store if you have no other options.

Also im dutch so i don't know what the things are called in english. But i hope it works and people understand.

TRENDING THREADS