Nov 29, 2019
Hi everybody, thanks for the help in advance I really appreciate it.

Anyway, I bought a few new parts and a new case to put my pc in(will provide info below) and spent ages building it. So I plug it in and turn it on and the computer starts running perfectly for 10 seconds and then the fans shut off and the computer turns off. I have done so many things to try and fix it. I know it isn’t the motherboard because the pc wouldn’t turn on at all if it was faulty and I know it isn’t the psu because again the motherboard turns on as well as other things. And I know it isn’t the graphics card because that can also be seen turning on. My only guess is the cooler from Corsair. I have everything plugged in but when the pc turns on there is no sound emitting from it whatsoever nor is there rgb but the fans that come with it light up so I know it should work. I’m lost of what to do at this point and any ideas will really help me.
many thanks and here are my specs:

CPU: i7 9700k
Motherboard: Aorus Pro Wifi
Graphics card: GTX 1070
PSU: it came with a Lenovo pc but I know it it 650 watts and is rated bronze
Case: Corsair 500D SE tempered glass
Cooler: Corsair h100i cpu cooler
Memory: 2 sticks of 8GB ddr4
Storage: 2tb hard drive
480 gb Kingston ssd

Solution
I have no particular recommendation on motherboards other than to buy one with a Z390 chipset.
One can always get a bad sample.
The motherboards that are better overclockers will have more robust voltage capability.
In truth though, unless you are seeking record level overclocks, the differences among all of the ones I have seen reviewed are minimal.

On ram,
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
Intel is not particularly sensitive to...
Nov 29, 2019
Hi everybody, thanks for the help in advance I really appreciate it.

Anyway, I bought a few new parts and a new case to put my pc in(will provide info below) and spent ages building it. So I plug it in and turn it on and the computer starts running perfectly for 10 seconds and then the fans shut off and the computer turns off. I have done so many things to try and fix it. I know it isn’t the motherboard because the pc wouldn’t turn on at all if it was faulty and I know it isn’t the psu because again the motherboard turns on as well as other things. And I know it isn’t the graphics card because that can also be seen turning on. My only guess is the cooler from Corsair. I have everything plugged in but when the pc turns on there is no sound emitting from it whatsoever nor is there rgb but the fans that come with it light up so I know it should work. I’m lost of what to do at this point and any ideas will really help me.
many thanks and here are my specs:

CPU: i7 9700k
Motherboard: Aorus Pro Wifi
Graphics card: GTX 1070
PSU: it came with a Lenovo pc but I know it it 650 watts and is rated bronze
Case: Corsair 500D SE tempered glass
Cooler: Corsair h100i cpu cooler
Memory: 2 sticks of 8GB ddr4
Storage: 2tb hard drive
480 gb Kingston ssd
I should have said which I transferred to the new case- sorry. So I transferred the ssd and hdd and the ram sticks and the psu and the gpu. Thanks

Dimzin

Honorable
Jun 8, 2014
Off the top of my head and without knowing your specific procedure for swapping.
Check that your cpu cooler is still seated properly.
The Thermal Paste may need replacing.

Nov 29, 2019
Off the top of my head and without knowing your specific procedure for swapping.
Check that your cpu cooler is still seated properly.
The Thermal Paste may need replacing.
Hi I replaced the thermal paste multiple times the actual cooler just doesn’t turn on no rgb lights nothing however the fans do turn on. I also tried my cpu in a different motherboard and it does work there so I really think both the mobo and cooler are faulty

10 seconds is about the time it takes for a cpu to heat up to the thermal shutdown point(100c.) if the cooler is not functioning.
Verify that the pump is connected to a fan header that is on always.
If you touch the pump, you should feel a bit of vibration.
It is always possible that you have a defective product.

Me, I am not so hot for liquid cooling. I would return the cooler as defective and replace it with a noctua NH-D15s which will cool better and be cheaper.

Nov 29, 2019
Verify your Sata connection, this should light everything up.
Make sure you are plugged into CPU fan - at edge of board next to ram slots
Icue and usb will allow you to monitor system and adjust lighting.
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b450-aorus-pro-wifi_1001_e.pdf

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/a...er-FAQ#h_7102cdff-c40f-4db5-8760-7f62d43a2d94

Hope this helps
Hi thanks for replying, I have done what you have said everything lights up fine apart from the cooler but the cooler fans do light up. I also noticed a red light that flashes cpu for a second then remains on “DRAM”

Nov 29, 2019
10 seconds is about the time it takes for a cpu to heat up to the thermal shutdown point(100c.) if the cooler is not functioning.
Verify that the pump is connected to a fan header that is on always.
If you touch the pump, you should feel a bit of vibration.
It is always possible that you have a defective product.

Me, I am not so hot for liquid cooling. I would return the cooler as defective and replace it with a noctua NH-D15s which will cool better and be cheaper.
Hi thanks for the detailed reply, I am convinced the cooler is indeed defective but I also believe the motherboard is also defective so I am sending them both back. I would go for the Noctua fan cooler but I’m going for an aesthetic look for my pc and I feel brown will not looks so great in my setup but I know they do a good job. Thanks for your opinion and assistance. It’s a shame I’ve had to delay my build a couple weeks though.

Nov 29, 2019
You said two sticks of ddr4 ram.
Are they both from the same kit?
If not, your ram may be mismatched.

The noctua NH-D15 also comes in black.
Hi yes two sticks which are both from different kits. However I know they work as in my old pc they both work perfectly fine and I even checked the windows system which showed me 16gb of ram are installed so I know they are not broken. I am baffled that both the motherboard and cooler seems to be faulty. It’s unfortunate to be honest but the fan you recommended I am very impressed with so I’m going to return both and definitely get the Noctua. Would you recommend any decent motherboards that support 9th gen? Many thanks!

I have no particular recommendation on motherboards other than to buy one with a Z390 chipset.
One can always get a bad sample.
The motherboards that are better overclockers will have more robust voltage capability.
In truth though, unless you are seeking record level overclocks, the differences among all of the ones I have seen reviewed are minimal.

On ram,
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
Intel is not particularly sensitive to mismatched ram.
Your not of the DRAM light made me think of this as a possibility.
If it should happen again, try just one stick.
If you increase the ram voltage a bit past standard in the bios, it will often let you use the other stick.

Solution

Latest posts