Question Pc turns on for one second and shuts down

Nov 17, 2019
Hi guys , today I was playing star wars battlefront 2 , had my gpu overclocked to 4.5 ghz an i5 6600k paired with gtx 970 overclocked. Suddenly PC went into blue screen and restarted but when it went back on everything was running besides the gpu ( first 10 seconds spins then slowed down till it stopped ) and no lights on keyboard or mouse . Took out every part individual to see what might be wrong even without the gpu plugged in still no signal on the monitor and no lights again on keyboard and mouse . So I had only a ram stick the cpu and the ssd left inside now it turns on 1 second then stops . But the weird part come now , the 6 pin near the cpu if I take it out system actually starts doesnt shut down , it's the same thing as at the beginning only difference is that I had to take the 6 pin out for it to start once I put it back again goes one second and shuts down .

I tried to see what part of it could have gone dead not sure what's faulty psu , or cpu ( gpu has no connection with it so shouldn't cause problems even without it system should start normally ) .

Cpu i5 6600k
Motherboard z170 e
Psu corsair tx650
16 gbz ddr4 300mhz

If somebody could tell me what's faulty so I can replace how can I solve it .

Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
Your board does not have a 6pin supplementary power input. It does however have an 8pin EPS power at the top right hand of your motherboard. How old is your PSU?

If you reconnect the EPS into the board while the system is powered up, please stop doing so. You're only going to kill the system or worse, yourself.

Might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Nov 17, 2019
Yeah its 8 pin but I didnt put it in when the system was on just as one test I left back in anyway . My psu has 1 year old
Cpu : i5 6600k
Ram :corsair plc vengeance ddr4 300mhz 2 x 8gb
Ssd :850 pro Samsung ssd 256gb
Had: WD green 2tb
Psu : tx 650 w
Chassis : not really sure a corsair one idont actually remember
I have a PMR_ LED on not sure what's that

Last edited: